Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tourpac lights on Streetglide?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightbulb Tourpac lights on Streetglide?

I have searched here and Harley's site and looked through the parts catalog.

I'm adding the wrap around and the side marker lights. Does anyone know what wiring harness I need?

Thanks

Old 03-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The HD kits come with the necessary wiring IIRC.

However, you will have an issue on your Street Glide because your SG fender facia LED uses the bike's Tour Pak harness that would otherwise be used for the TP lights on an Electra Glide or Road Glide (the Tour Pak harness is not on Road Kings).

You can make a Y-pigtail to use the bike's TP harness to power both the fender LED and the TP lights, or you can wire the fender LED by splicing the wires behind the tail light lens that are used for the LED's in the license plate light in your turn signal bar--that's how mine is wired, and the TP harness is available when I want to mount the TP and connect the lights.

If you want the part nos. for making the pigtail, email me and I'll send them to you.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:39 AM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

www.ridetimetechnology.com has what you need for ease of wiring. I just converted my tour pack lights to run/brake/signal on the rear and turn on the side lights. Took about 45 minutes. Sure can see the rear and back side of the bike.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
If you want the part nos. for making the pigtail, email me and I'll send them to you.

Thanks, email on the way.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by desertclassic
www.ridetimetechnology.com has what you need for ease of wiring. I just converted my tour pack lights to run/brake/signal on the rear and turn on the side lights. Took about 45 minutes. Sure can see the rear and back side of the bike.
Is this the one you used?

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/rtqc.htm

Thanks

Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Scott, I wired my SG facia LED to the license plate light that the SG turn signal bar uses. To do this, remove the tail light lens (two screws). You will now see the circuit board that has connectors plugged into it for the turn signals, etc. The upper left chamber has a three-wire connector with two wires in it. That's the one for the license plate LED's. You splice the two wires from your SG facia LED to the two wires in the license plate wiring.

Splice the white/black wire from your SG LED to the wire in the right hand chamber of the connector, and the black (ground) wire to the wire in the far left chamber of the connector. The center chamber should be empty.

Instead of splicing these wires, you can remove the sockets for the license plate wires from the connector and combine the wires from the license plate wires with the SG LED and use a single socket for each pair and reinsert the sockets into the connector. The socket part no. is 73191-96.

Here are the part nos. for creating a Y-pigtail to power both the Tour Pak lights and SG fender facia LED from the bike's Tour Pak harness:

Pigtail to plug into the TP harness to create two connections: one for the TP lights' connector, and one for the SG LED:

1. 73103-96BK (used to plug into the bike's TP harness. The wire terminals are 73190-96; three required, but they're cheap so buy a couple extra in case you screw-up the crimp--return the unused ones if you like). Three are used because the wires are for ground, run, and brake light circuits.

2. 73153-96BK (used to create two connectors for TP and SG LED, so buy two. The wire terminals are 73191-96; three required for the TP lights; two for the SG LED; but, go ahead and wire both with three wires, so a total of six required, but buy a couple of extra. Two are required for the SG LED for ground and run light, but there is no brake light in the stock SG LED.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Scott, I wired my SG facia LED to the license plate light that the SG turn signal bar uses. To do this, remove the tail light lens (two screws). You will now see the circuit board that has connectors plugged into it for the turn signals, etc. The upper left chamber has a three-wire connector with two wires in it. That's the one for the license plate LED's. You splice the two wires from your SG facia LED to the two wires in the license plate wiring.

Splice the white/black wire from your SG LED to the wire in the right hand chamber of the connector, and the black (ground) wire to the wire in the far left chamber of the connector. The center chamber should be empty.

Instead of splicing these wires, you can remove the sockets for the license plate wires from the connector and combine the wires from the license plate wires with the SG LED and use a single socket for each pair and reinsert the sockets into the connector. The socket part no. is 73191-96.

Here are the part nos. for creating a Y-pigtail to power both the Tour Pak lights and SG fender facia LED from the bike's Tour Pak harness:

Pigtail to plug into the TP harness to create two connections: one for the TP lights' connector, and one for the SG LED:

1. 73103-96BK (used to plug into the bike's TP harness. The wire terminals are 73190-96; three required, but they're cheap so buy a couple extra in case you screw-up the crimp--return the unused ones if you like). Three are used because the wires are for ground, run, and brake light circuits.

2. 73153-96BK (used to create two connectors for TP and SG LED, so buy two. The wire terminals are 73191-96; three required for the TP lights; two for the SG LED; but, go ahead and wire both with three wires, so a total of six required, but buy a couple of extra. Two are required for the SG LED for ground and run light, but there is no brake light in the stock SG LED.
Thank you!

I printed it out so I can bring it with me. Do the tourpack lights work as blinkers this way? Or just run and brake? I also added the side marker lights but that all connects inside the tourpack so should be no extra wiring for those.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

ridetimetechnology.com sells a kit for the Ultra light bar brake lights and side marker lights to work as turn signals in addition to run/brake lights.

I've had the Tour Pak on the bike so infrequently that I've never looked to see if the TP brake lights/side marker lights flash with the hazard flasher on.

I wired my saddlebag spoiler LED's to work as turn signals in addition to run/brake lights and the same could be done with the TP lights by separating them into left and right side circuits. For me, the TP is on the bike so little I haven't taken the time to do it.