Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one got a New matazu tour pak?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Terminator69
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one got a New matazu tour pak?

Hi, I ordered a new Dmy tour pack in vivid black last week with the top rack and wraparound back rest and I recieved it yesterday, I opened it up and was verry disapointed in the Quality, Now I know what I pd so I wasn't expecting great quality but the top of the tour pack looks like dogs have been running over it for weeks after 2 try's with buffing compound and 1 try with swirl remover it looks better but still is not any thing I would put on my Streetglide, Has anyone else bought one of theses and what did you think? I'm wondering if I just got a bad one or if they are all like this?

Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 AM
baldeagle503
Cruiser

I bought one a year ago and, no doubt, it isn't show quality. But I only put it on my road king a couple of times a year and it definitely does the job. My wife fills it to the brim and then some, but we still haven't had any problems with the latch, hinges or any cracks.

For me it still was worth the $$ I saved NOT purchasing the MOCO version. JMHO

Old 03-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You pays your money and take your choice. What do you expect for $110?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Terminator69
Road Master

Like I said in my post, I wasn't expecting show quality, but the top of this is really crappy. They don't put in there advertisement hey the top will be all ****ty, But what do you want for $110. I'm not whinning, I know what I pd, Was just wondering if they are alll like that or if I should ask for a new one?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:16 PM
mowens
6th Gear

I had one as well. It was a p.o.s even for the money. Cheap was an understatement. I could not for the life of me get the lid to secure tightly. The friggin thing would rattle so much, the signal light cover fell right off the tour pack. I tossed it out after only a month.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:22 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got the chopped MoCo Tour Pak, but I was looking at the same one you bought about a year ago. I've seen a number of guys on here say that they have em, and that they are very satisfied. I did see a large number of posts saying that the rack on top of them made them prone to cracking. I'd contact the vendor and describe your problem, maybe you just got a bad one. It's certainly worth a try. At least then you'll know. Plus if you got it on EBay you could always leave a bad writeup on the quality. That threat alone might help get you a replacement. See what they'll do for you....

Old 03-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Terminator69
Road Master

They just emailed me back and said that the scratches should buff out with a little buffing compound and offered me $20 back for the trouble. I'll probably just take the refund and run it till she cracks, It will probably only be on the bike once or twice a year, Thanks for your insite. Todd

Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

If the top is scratched ("dogs running on it") I'd send it back and have them replace it. Go through your credit card company and challenge the charge, etc. I bought mine almost four years ago and the paint was scratch free in vivid black.

Sorry to hear of your trouble. Lot's of HDF'ers have purchased them and haven't heard complaints about them on a regular basis.

Hope it works out for you.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:39 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

I got one for my NT as I'm beginning to take more long trips.
No scratches on mine and it has worked great.

Attached Thumbnails Any one got a New matazu tour pak?-small_img_0981.jpg   Any one got a New matazu tour pak?-small_img_0987.jpg   Any one got a New matazu tour pak?-small_img_0984.jpg  

Last edited by agapsdiver; 03-27-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 PM
shvlrydr
Cruiser

i ordered one late last year for a ride to Key West. i ordered cobalt blue and when it came it was a pretty crappy paint job as well. i called them and they said the same thing about the $20. i said no and returned it for another one which was better, by that i mean usable IMO, no show piece. i don't run it all the time so i didn't really need it to be perfect. just needed cheap luggage for the trip. they were pretty good about the return. good luck