Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide & Electra Glide standard discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DuraGlide
Top secret pic of the 2010 Ultra RG
I'd buy one! Came close to buying a new WING before I decided on my Roadie! water cooled?? Bring it on!!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tda69
I like both. Originally when I was ready to purchase my first HD, I had planned on buying a Road Glide. I rented one for about 3 days, took a nice ride up to Santa Barbara and I enjoyed the bike very much. It was a very comfortable for me to ride and I also liked the stability. Having said that, I ended up buying an Ultra Classic. When I replaced my '03 Ultra, I bought an '08 Ultra. I had an opportunity to buy a Road Glide if I wanted, but I decided not to go that route because the bike isn't equipped the way I want it. If the Road Glide had all the same features as the Ultra, cb, intercom, tourpack, fairings, etc...then I might have a Road Glide in my garage today.
Same here - if there was an Ultra Roadie available in '09 I'd likely have one sitting in my garage. I think the looks grow on you, and I really like the SERG in black/orange (bag extension seams and all!). I suspect that the 2010 SERG will come equipped like the originals, with lowers and a tour pak. Guess it would make sense to offer the Ultra Roadie in 2010, hell the MoCo sees how many Roadie owners add lowers and tour-paks...

Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Thunderbolts
Advanced

It does not matter what you ride, bat wing or shark nose. We all make our own improvements to each bike. Every one of us puts our own personality into our bikes custom look, adding more chrome or a blacked out look. How boring would it be to ride a factory stock bike? I chose the RG because nobody that I ride with owned one, they all have the bat wing bikes. And thats fine with me, what ever you choose to ride its your bike. I only ride with these guys for thier company and championship any way, not their choice of bikes.

My dealer has brought in more RGs then ever before. It is the fastest growing touring bike they sell. Yes they still sell more Ultras then RGs but the RG is gaining more market share here.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:50 AM
swomack
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The frame mounted fairing has been around since the late sixties when Craig Vetter designed one for his friends BMW. Silverwings didn't come along until a decade later. Vetter designed the Liberator fairing for H-D with four headlights in the mid seventies but the batwing won out in the end.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 PM
gdkenoyer
Tourer

Originally Posted by testifer
..and dont even start with the ridiculous threads. its too early
that'll cut down on about 50% of posts....

Old 04-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Aslan
Road Master

Originally Posted by swomack
The frame mounted fairing has been around since the late sixties when Craig Vetter designed one for his friends BMW. Silverwings didn't come along until a decade later. Vetter designed the Liberator fairing for H-D with four headlights in the mid seventies but the batwing won out in the end.

Other than Harley you don't see too many fairings mounted on the handlebars.
Additional weight and wind resistance on the handlebars is just not a good idea.
Ever try riding a bicycle with a person sitting on the handlebars.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Aslan
Other than Harley you don't see too many fairings mounted on the handlebars.
Additional weight and wind resistance on the handlebars is just not a good idea.
Ever try riding a bicycle with a person sitting on the handlebars.
well since you asked back when I was 10, I used to ride a few girls on my handlebars, loved every minute of it!! and they looked WAY better then the roady fairing. the yamaha venture and BMW R1200CLC had handlebar mounts not frame mounted fairings

Last edited by leohd; 04-01-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Aslan
Road Master

Originally Posted by leohd
well since you asked back when I was 10, I used to ride a few girls on my handlebars, loved every minute of it!! and they looked WAY better then the roady fairing.
Ya got me on that one.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
I guess that means my 09 Black Pearl Road Glide will be really rare then.
A good investment! :-)

Old 04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Jesus Christ, after all the new posts about this, I thought I'd might as well bring mine back!
Gary D.

Quick Reply: Road Glide & Electra Glide standard discontinued