Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excellent Adventure! (Touring Bike Ride Review)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 PM
EGlideKid
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excellent Adventure! (Touring Bike Ride Review)

I've posted the first installment of a 3-part review on the mountain parks of Arkansas in case any of you are coming thru this neck 'o the woods!
The next two parts will be about a week apart. You can find them on the main page of the Forum.

https://www.hdforums.com/articles/20...park.html#more

Old 04-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Fantastic! I'm heading over that way to read them now....

Thanks for posting!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Eglidekid, do you go to the BBB event in Fayetteville in September? I've been thinking about riding out that way for the event. How is it and which days are the best days to be there?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:12 PM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Aw EGLIDEKID, now you've let the cat outa the bag about all the good riding we have here in the great state of Arkansas. We'll probably be bombarded with Yankees comin' down here to ride. Oh well, long as they bring lots of American dollars, we'll let them in.

Of course they'll be able to do the Talimena run that you reviewed earlier catching the scenic views of western Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma, then when they get a taste of the Petit Jean (pronounced "petty jean" for all you non French speakin' Yankees) ride you just reviewed, and the Mt. Nebo and Mt. Magazine adventures you are about to put on us, they'll never want to head back north again.

While you are in this neck of the woods, you might also check out the Pig Trail north out of Ozark, AR on I-40. Takes you thru some really nice country up to Eureka Springs, then over to War Eagle just north of Fayetteville. Or you can head the other direction and take in Mtn Home and Mtn View, home of the Ozark Folk Festival. If you like Blue Grass, here's the place to be. Don't forget to ride Push Mtn while over in that area, and a great place to stay is the always biker friendly "THE HUB". (check them out on the web)

Just a few that EGLIDEKID is doing his write ups on and a few more that I have been a party to, 'cept I can't write and my picture taking abilities leave some to be desired !! Arkansas has some really nice motorcyle roads and the scenery is just outstanding, the weather beautiful, and people are friendly. (just ask Monica)

Come see us, we'd love to have you here in the the "Natural State"...Paco Ritter, Texarkana, Arkasnas...born and raised in the "Land of Opertunity".

Old 04-04-2009, 08:02 AM
EGlideKid
Road Master

Gentlemen,
Thanks for the nice replies!
Ozoneman, there's a high probability we'll be going to BBB, but so will Cruz'N... you can PM him as he lives in the Fayetteville area and knows a lot more about the subject. My wife and I have been to BBB three times, and it's a nuthouse but definitely worth seeing at least once, especially for the scenery in NW Arkansas. Plus you can do a 4-state one day ride up in the corner of the state and see AR, MO, KS, and OK all in one portion of a day.
Paco, you are a nut with that Monica stuff! You are 100% right, the folks in the forum need to come this way. That Pig Trail is a doozy! I almost laid a bike down on it years ago.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:39 AM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

But I gotta lurn to use spell chek more offen....my fingers get ahead of my brain, which in reality is not that hard to do...PACO

Old 04-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

Originally Posted by EGlideKid
I've posted the first installment of a 3-part review on the mountain parks of Arkansas in case any of you are coming thru this neck 'o the woods!
The next two parts will be about a week apart. You can find them on the main page of the Forum.

https://www.hdforums.com/articles/20...park.html#more
Really enjoy your posts EGlide
Last year we kinda stumbled into Arkansan not really knowing what to expect we were on our way to the sprint cup race in Talladega after the Kansas race and brought our bikes with us in the toy hauler stopped for a day in Harrison and did a days riding what an unexpected treasure going to Eureka springs this April 25 for 3 days what is the weather like the end of April

Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

nice post thanks

Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Sol
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

EGlideKid: Your write-ups about rides in this part of the country are very much appreciated. Though, I'm hoping paco ritter is wrong about invading Yankees...