Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excitement this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Excitement this weekend

First was my wife and I rode to the local icehouse which has tons of bikes. Wife riding her new Heritage. I pulled into my spot she was following me. She was on a new rock/gravel road that was just put down and basically stopped waiting for me to park on the concrete. Rock gave way under rear tire, she puts foot down and rocks just slide. I hear OH SH*T and look just in time to see her slowly laying it on it's right side (it was like slow motion. she wasnt going forward, just softly let it go down on the crash bar). Several people started over our way to help her up but I was able to help her and all she said was she was so embarrassed. I said don't worry, after reading the HD forums I found there were 2 types of bikes. those that have been layed over and those that will. As a matter of fact I layed my road king over in the garage while moving it. She said that's great, but I was in the garage, she was in front of 100 bikers!

Now my embarrassing moment. riding out to go to local IHOP for breakfast yesterday, pulled out of the driveway at the lakehouse and got on road. I thought there was a 6' stick in the road in front of my house...well as I got there I realized stick was a damn snake and I ran over it (couldn't dodge it). Wife was behind me and stopped. (ok, here's where Darwin comes in). I stop my bike, get off leaving it running. snake is now crawling towards ditch. I figure I'll shoot it when it gets in the grass so bullet doesn't richochette! so here I am standing in the street, keltec 32 in hand, still had helmet on waiting for snake to get in grass. Well said snake now realizes I'm there, he's pissed at me for running over him and he starts chasing me and striking while he's chasing. (wife told me after the fact it was funny watching a 6'1" guy with a helmet on and gun in 1 hand running from a snake). Well I thought I could get to my bike, get on it and go before snake got to me. WRONG....that dude was fast and as I ran past the bike cause he was on my tail, he decides he want to occupy my road king. he climbs up on top of where you fill the oil and tranny and maybe up under the seat!!! (all the while my wife is cracking up cause I'm yelling at the snake to get off my bike - by this time the neighbors are now out on their porch watching). Well now I'm screwed...how do you get a 6' pissed off snake off your bike.....aha...go to garage and get fire poker....well, that would have been good but no way to grab the snake and I'm no Jeff Orwin or Croc hunter! so I figure bike will get hot enough and snake will leave. (just put the fuelmoto pcv and airfilter on friday so what heat). So I start reving engine standing away from bike...that seemed to work...snake left engine...but where did he go....I then see a little tail sticking out from rear fender next to left hard bag. so I take off left bag and can see the tail but no way to grab with the poker. (remember first post above where I dumped my bike in garage moving...said I'd never move bike again w/out sitting - well I changed my mind on that). standing to side I got bike off stand and moved it backwards thinking snake was on tire he'd come out back of fender....well part of him did anyways, but enough to get the poker on him and pull (he didn't want to come out). He finally comes out and starts heading for neighbors house...she's screaming telling me not to let the snake come to her house) so I through the poker at it and it landed on him but about 1' from his head (no damage to snake and I wasn't about to get close enough to get the poker), so I once again pulled out the 32 and this time I was able to shoot him twice. talk about heart pounding....

so my advice is if you ever run over a snake, do not stop, get off to go look because snakes don't like that.

I was asked what type of snake it was....I don't know...all I know it was a 6' pissed off snake.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by keltonkrew

so my advice is if you ever run over a snake, do not stop, get off to go look because snakes don't like that.
Funny story! I think the snake wanted to have a word with you

Old 04-06-2009, 07:41 AM
monkish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uhhh... I'm not real sure what to say on that one..

I'm sure you'll be talked about by the neighbors for quite some time...

Old 04-06-2009, 07:52 AM
VT Hog
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

That made my monday better.. Great story..

Old 04-06-2009, 08:09 AM
TMART
Road Master

Originally Posted by craigeoh
That made my monday better.. Great story..
+1,Mondays are tough getting back into the swing,but that made me spit my coffee all over myself.Same thing happened to me at a golf course.A big water moccassin was laying by a pond on the course,Brave me tried to knock his head off with a driver,that pissed him off and he started chasing me.After about 2 greens later he figured he couldn't catch me and left.Lesson learned-don't f%*& with snakes.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 AM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Dude,
That was a great story!

Based on where ya live and the fact that it was striking at you, most likely it was some variety of rattlesnake, but then I am not a wildlife biologist so what the heck do I know.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

ROFL. Now that was some funny chit right there...... LOL

Old 04-06-2009, 08:23 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

don't know what kind of snake...it was brown with lighter brown diamond type patterns. wife said it was funny watching me (I'm 6'1" and 240lb) all decked out in riding gear, gun in 1 hand running from snake and then yelling at him to get off my bike!!!! she laughed all day long about that!!!!! We live right on the water so it could have been a water snake...who knows....but when a snake is chasing you striking you really don't care what type it is, just get out of the way!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

I dont care who are, that is freaking FUNNY!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:42 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LMAO, what a way to start my week! Thanks for the humor, though I'm sure there wasn't any at that time.

Quick Reply: Excitement this weekend