Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Road Master
Thumbs up Ride Time Tech LED tail light

Hi all,
Well in an effort to light up the back of my bike like a christmas tree I opted for LED tailight from RIDETIME Tech. http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/tail_sr.htm
It has turned out to be just what I wanted and has 100 led's and with shipping it was $99.00.
I did learn something interesting that I figured to pass along. When I bought the bike I had the dealer install the AUX running light,brake light and turn signal module. Its part number is 69461-06A. I ordered it cause a friend of mine has what I thought was the same thing on his 03 Road King. His unit makes his turn signal come on light brake lights and still are used as turn signal. Pretty slick I thought. Well when I bought the above module from Harley I found out that there was a change in the model and now it is running lights/turn signal only. Not bad as it comes with the red lens etc... Well when I installed the led brake lights now the turn signals come on as brake lights as I originaly wanted also. Don't know how it does it but I am happy as a clam. I called Keith at Ride time and he never heard of it acting that way. He said hes going to check it out. Any way Keith seems like a stand up guy and really knows his product. The LED's are brighter, about 3 or 4 times brighter.
AND they were 35 or 40 dollars cheaper then Harleys.

Last edited by The Old Man; 04-06-2009 at 09:19 PM..
Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

My guess is you had a loose connection some place preventing the module from making the turn signals operate as brake lights. Sometimes where you plug the module in a pin will back out in the plug.
FLHTK Limited
Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Road Master

Oh...Thanks I thought that it was a new part number that did not have the brake lights set up that way. Works now so I am happy.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Road Master

Is the new tail light 3 or 4 times brighter than the stock one or the Harley LED part?
I was talking to Keith about the tail light and I'll probably get one , I was ordering the rear glide lights and FlashR setup at the time.
The tail light looks like a great deal and I was curious as to the intensity of it.
I went with the Badlands brake/running light/load equalizer with the thinking that I would replace most lights with LED over time.
So far I like his stuff.
Mick
Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Road Captain

if you really wanna light up that rear end, look into his fender tip tail/brake light..that is a nice accessory. i installed one on my 08 egc a few mos back and love it. it is a direct plug in play replacement for that dim little fender tip light that is currently there. makes a much brighter running light and illuminates as a brake light too. all this and was an ez install.

"Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas"
Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Senior Rider

+1 on the ridetime LED tailights. Have them on our SG and XL.
*Her's - 13 XL1200C; K&N stage 1, Rush 2", Progressive 440's
Previous Bikes: 2001 FXDXT T-Sport 40K miles; 2007 FLHX - 106K miles; Her's 2004 XL1200C - 86K miles; Several rice burners (550cc-1100cc) prior to 2001
Old 04-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Is the new tail light 3 or 4 times brighter than the stock one or the Harley LED part?
I was talking to Keith about the tail light and I'll probably get one , I was ordering the rear glide lights and FlashR setup at the time.
The tail light looks like a great deal and I was curious as to the intensity of it.
I went with the Badlands brake/running light/load equalizer with the thinking that I would replace most lights with LED over time.
So far I like his stuff.
Mick
yes 3 or 4 times brighter.........and a very easy install.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Road Master

The Old Man...Sounds great you had an awesome experience! Always nice to hear the positive when something unexpected happens!

Ride Safe, Mike
Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Prospect

Does the Harley run-turn-brake module work with the ridetime LED tail light
setup?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Road Master

Yes it does...no change in any operation......
Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM

P