Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One mod leads to another: V&H Dresser Duals with Jackpots is a nice combo

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 05:13 PM
DeadStick
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile One mod leads to another: V&H Dresser Duals with Jackpots is a nice combo

During the install of my TWR Missing Link stabilizer on my 06 RK, I had to loosen every nut and clamp on the stock exhaust headers and mufflers from front to back to get a socket on the lower nut of the TWR. As I sat there dreading putting the stock headers back together and ever doing that sh#t in the future, I decided to shop for true duals the next morning and put her back together right.

Got lucky and found some nice used Vance & Hines Dresser Duals on eBay for only $250, and only a two hour drive from home, so before you can say ROAD TRIP!, I was on the way to pick them up.

I called FuelMoto and was about ready to buy a replacement baffle for my left Jackpot slipon for $39 plus overnight shipping with Saturday delivery ($75 more) so I wouldn't lose any more riding time this weekend, when Keith said "hey, you can probably just knock the cone off the baffle you have, since it's only lightly welded on." Sure enough, 10 minutes of light grinding and prying and the cone was off, making the left baffle a perfect match for the right. Another example of FuelMoto's stellar customer service!

Late last night got her all back together, and just returned from a test ride today. TWR: awesome, huge difference. Dresser Duals with Jackpot 2" baffles: stereophonic awesomeness. Not terribly louder than the stock headers, but more "complex" and throatier, esp. on decel. Can putt around town with just a deep bass rumble and not **** anyone off, but roars in a hurry with throttle. Couldn't tell any lack of torque at low speeds - even if it's there, I don't care because now the bike sounds "right" to me.

Oh, and quick shout out to RC Cycles in Hayward, CA (http://www.rccycle.com/) - my HD dealership didn't have any O2 sensor hole plugs in stock for the used header pipes, but said they could order them for $4.95 each. I called RC's, and they said sure we got 'em, and when I got there he handed me a couple and wouldn't take any money for them. Very cool. When I'm ready for a 95", I know where I'll be going.