Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB Racing LSR 2-1 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 PM
hittman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB Racing LSR 2-1 Exhaust

A question for the people who have or knows someone you has this exhaust on touring bikes.

In your opinion how loud is this system compared to Rinehart true duals? And do they have a deep tone to them?

Thanks for your feedback

Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 AM
HOGNIT
Tourer

friend of mine has them on his 08 and they are very loud!!!. they don't have that rinehart tone, they have a more tradional harley sound. I like loud, but can't stand to ride next to him on his exhaust side. nice sound,but loud.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:03 AM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they are LOUD! A buddy has one and I was gonna buy it since the testimonials on R&B's website claims it's quieter than a V&H Pro Pipe, but delivers more power. When I heard the pipe on his bike, I decided to keep my Pro Pipe.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:25 AM
1HD2NV
Road Captain

I have had one for about 3 years and love it. Yes it is loud, louder than Rhineharts but not obnoxious IMO. I have heard louder. I have the 45 deg turnout and have been very happy with it, I still get lots of compliments on the sound. Nothing fancy for motor work, 95" w/203's, A/C & SERT but sounds d*#m good

Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 PM
hittman
Cruiser

I like the looks of them, and they say they produce a lot of power but I don't want anything louder than the rineharts. I wish they made a little quieter version.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
BigDaveOnBass
Cruiser

They do make a quieter version now. It's called LSR Black Hole 2-1. http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21blackhole.htm I asked them about db's, one versus the other. They replied the LSR Black Hole 2-1 runs 95db and the standard LSR 2-1 runs upwards of 116db. How they determined that is unknown to me, but they must have run each pipe on a bike and set a db meter in the same location, distance wise. The Black Hole collector is 4", versus 3" on the other pipe, so it has a different look, but it's still a nice looking pipe. They had this picture on the web page. Nearly identical bike to mine, so at least I know what it'll look like on my bike.

I'm interested in some of the testimonials I'm reading on their site. Some folks have gained serious HP and TQ just on the pipe change. I had one on my '80 FXWG. I loved it. Great looks and great performance. That bike is even on their website. It's on the LSR page of RB Racing's website. It's purple, hard to miss.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bolted one on my Limited...............I have had a couple and would run nothing but an LSR at this point..........

Old 09-08-2009, 05:55 PM
SMOKEin
Tourer

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
I just bolted one on my Limited...............I have had a couple and would run nothing but an LSR at this point..........
The black hole or regular?

Ive never been able to hear a sound clip. Any chance you could post one of your ride? Not in garage if possible

Old 09-08-2009, 06:13 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if they still have the same shipping issues but from past experience you might want to order it about 12 weeks in advance of when you need it as their shipping process has been noted to be very slow on numerous orders. Good quality stuff for sure but I'll stick to my FatCats or a Boarzilla for proven performance.

Here's a link to some sound bites on my FatCat for ya if you want a listen. Keep in mind that this motors running high compression with higher lift cams which makes it sound pretty nasty. About as loud and obnoxious as an RB LSR pipe. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y11wRdbBlqk

Last edited by GasCan; 09-08-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with what's already been said.... The standard LSR is F'ing LOUD! It sounds great, but it's REALLY loud.

Dalton ran one of their Blackholes for a while. Perhaps he'll see this thread or you might PM him about it....

Quick Reply: RB Racing LSR 2-1 Exhaust