Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did the Jackpot baffle swap...Results and pics

Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Did the Jackpot baffle swap...Results and pics

Called Jamie up last week and had him send out the larger 57mm baffle for me to try. Came in yesterday and got a chance to install it today. Install was a PITA. Well I should say removal of the stock baffle was. Apparently the material was binding up and making it almost impossible to get out. Had to start and rev the bike for about 15 minutes while continually pulling on the baffle. Finally came out. Popped the new one in with ease and took it for a spin. My initial reaction is not much of a difference. I already saw that coming so I had my wife come out and sit on the front steps while I took a spin down the road and back. She said they are alot louder but not as deep and bass punchy as the stock baffle. I didn't notice any difference in performance but it was only a quick 2 mile ride. I'm gonna put some miles on this baffle before making a final judgement. But as it stands now the change wasn't worth it. Especially losing the lower bass punch.

Oh I also did a decible test on both. Here are the results:

Stock baffle
107db @ idle
117db @ 4000 rpm

57mm baffle
108db @ idle
121db @ 4000 rpm

This measurement was done per SAE Standards

Here are a few pics comparing the baffles.

57mm is a little shorter than the stock baffle

Stock baffle

57mm baffle

Old 05-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the exact experience with the larger baffle and ended up putting the original baffle back in to get the deeper tone.

All in all I'd have to say that I am not that impressed with the Jackpots as far as sound goes. I also feel that the chrome is not the best quality I've seen and that the ends of the straight-cuts look cheap.

I defintely will have to say that the customer service from Fuel Moto is top notch and the very best I've EVER seen. I also have to say that I am very satisfied with the performance of the power package.

Now I know that all the loyal Fuel Moto followers on this forum might cry fowl and flame me for this post, but the purpose of the forum is to be honest call it like we see it.

My .02 is that the "inversion cone" or whatever they want to call it basically eliminates the exhaust on the left side and that gives the overall sound a very mono-tone "Honda-Like" sound that is all coming from the right side. The sound is not terrible but it sounds nothing like a "Harley" in my humble opinion.

Now I'm talking about 09 touring here so the results on earlier versions would be different.

Am I all alone here, or does anyone else agree? Ok let me have it!!! I figure that if you can't take it, then you don't get to dish it out.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 PM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting ready to get the power package and was going to go with the larger baffele when I ordered and later get another 57 baffle and add TD headers.

Thanks for the honest opions but this has got me thinking now and wondering if this is going to be the right choice.

The price is right but I do not want the Honda sound....I came from a 2002 Honda VTX 1800 and one of the big reasons was the Harley sound.

This is the first and secound that I have heard anything negitive about the Dyno Tuned Package.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:37 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Clint55
I had the exact experience with the larger baffle and ended up putting the original baffle back in to get the deeper tone.

All in all I'd have to say that I am not that impressed with the Jackpots as far as sound goes. I also feel that the chrome is not the best quality I've seen and that the ends of the straight-cuts look cheap.

I defintely will have to say that the customer service from Fuel Moto is top notch and the very best I've EVER seen. I also have to say that I am very satisfied with the performance of the power package.

Now I know that all the loyal Fuel Moto followers on this forum might cry fowl and flame me for this post, but the purpose of the forum is to be honest call it like we see it.

My .02 is that the "inversion cone" or whatever they want to call it basically eliminates the exhaust on the left side and that gives the overall sound a very mono-tone "Honda-Like" sound that is all coming from the right side. The sound is not terrible but it sounds nothing like a "Harley" in my humble opinion.

Now I'm talking about 09 touring here so the results on earlier versions would be different.

Am I all alone here, or does anyone else agree? Ok let me have it!!! I figure that if you can't take it, then you don't get to dish it out.
i know very little about the jackpots, but i agree that the 09's sound a good bit different at idle than the 07's and 8's. might just be in my head though

Old 05-08-2009, 10:10 PM
1stultra
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Clint55

I disagree on the sound and agree on the chrome and power increase. At first I wasn't too impressed with the sound but after doing a three day 1400 mile trip I find it very easy to listen to. They actually seem a tad louder after 2500 miles too. Maybe it's just me. I also love the way the bike runs, there's a noticable difference in power. Sadly, the chrome blows; my first right side muffler had to be replaced because the chrome blistered and popped. Now upon returning from our trip I've noticed yellowing at the muffler/header connection. Something seems to be a little lean in my map. I need to call on that though. Overall: still happy with the setup. Just a few bugs to work out.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stultra
I disagree on the sound and agree on the chrome and power increase. At first I wasn't too impressed with the sound but after doing a three day 1400 mile trip I find it very easy to listen to. They actually seem a tad louder after 2500 miles too. Maybe it's just me. I also love the way the bike runs, there's a noticable difference in power. Sadly, the chrome blows; my first right side muffler had to be replaced because the chrome blistered and popped. Now upon returning from our trip I've noticed yellowing at the muffler/header connection. Something seems to be a little lean in my map. I need to call on that though. Overall: still happy with the setup. Just a few bugs to work out.

Just made a post a few weeks ago about this issue. Read here

I think I'm gonna keep an eye on the chrome myself. I have the straight cut and it looks a little jagged right now. Dunno if that is the cut of the pipe or a sign of what is to come.

All in all I am beyond pleased with the PC-V and Jamie and all of Fuelmoto going above and beyond for their customers. But I am thinking a change of pipes may be in order.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:17 AM
1stultra
Cruiser

[quote=Monstermile;4975207]Just made a post a few weeks ago about this issue. Read here.[quote]

Thanks for the heads-up Monster. Those all seem to be viable answers but with a leaner running stock setup for the first 1500 miles I had no yellowing. I must be missing something. I did use the original clamps, tightened to spec. I also checked for leaks while the bike was still dirty from the trip. I figured it might leave a mark puff-mark where the leak was but saw none. I also have very little decel pop and believed that was also a sign of a leak? I'll buy new clamps and some sealant today and see if that helps. I'd really like to see this yellow/purpling issue go away.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what mufflers have the deepest tone? How do the Jackpots compare to Rush in sound and overall quality? I had Rush on my 07 Deluxe and the quality was excellent but they didnt have quite the deep tone I was looking for. Im getting ready to order the Stage 1 from Fuel Moto but might reconsider the Jackpots and get the AC and PCV from them.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:34 PM
QIKLUV
Tourer

have over 5000 mile on the Fuelmoto dyno package,,, all grins here.
wife loves the tone and can still hear the tunes. would like to have my buddy ride my bike just to have an idea what it really sounds like from a distance...
i do have a VERY VERY slight decel pop but i can live with it.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:39 PM
weezo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you need to put some miles on and see what happens. I had Rush 1.75's that were pretty loud, I replaced them with the Jackpot 57mm baffle. When I took the 1.75 baffles out there was virtually nothing left of the packing.

At first I was worried that the Jackpots were too quiet. And relieved that I went with the 2.25's instead of the recommended power package. Now I've put about 1500 miles on 'em and they have a nice rumble at low throttle but are nice and loud when I get on it. A riding buddy commented that he really likes the way they sound at idle.

I feel like I got a decent boost in performance too, even though I chose the 57's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did the Jackpot baffle swap...Results and pics