Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Brace Coming Off

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 03:17 PM
stevepacman
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Bagger Brace Coming Off

After an expensive "trial" of the Bagger Brace, I've decided to remove it.

The tightening of the rear was obvious but is not worth the added vibration.

Before installing the brace my bike's vibes would settle out at certain speeds/rpm's. Now it seems constant and that's unacceptable.

Anyone wanna buy it? Only used it for approx 150 mile ride this Saturday.

Black anodized without "Bagger Brace" logo etched into it

$225 Firm

If you have a Paypal account I'll split the shipping cost

Send me a PM if interested

Old 05-10-2009, 05:22 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no way the bagger brace will add vibrations to your bike............just not possible unless you installed it wrong.

Steve

Old 05-10-2009, 06:16 PM
AnyRoad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
There is no way the bagger brace will add vibrations to your bike............just not possible unless you installed it wrong.

Steve
Well... if the frame is out of alignment or the wheels are out of alignment, vibration might occur. With a brace in place the rubber swing-arm bushings will no longer absorb or make up for those imperfections caused by the misalignment. Check for those two things. Also, my buddy suggested checking motor mounts. Good luck!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:17 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the heck? How is that possible? I've had NO bad effects from mine, only increased stability and tracking!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:09 PM
stevepacman
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

Every one of you is right...and wrong. I get a kick out of the responses that "you must have installed it wrong" lol - like it's some kind of magic to mount some hardware and get the heim joint aligned properly.

I appreciate the feedback, really, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

When I was doing some research and getting some feedback from some riders who have installed them, about 50% of them said they had increased vibration and didn't care for it.

Now, short of rigging an LVDT (the thang that reads linear movement), and amp and hooking it up to my laptop to read the oscillations , I know what my scooter feels like with and without the brace installed.

BTW, my dealer checked all the "critical fasteners" as well as wheels, bearings, motor mounts, stabilizers, blah, blah, blah (did I forget something? Someone will surely jump on that if I did).

Something else comes to mind. It simple physics here so hold on...

In the 2007 touring chassis (and others) the motor is mounted on iso-mounts designed to absorb vibration and shock. How hard is it to believe that if you add a stabilizer to the rear of the engine/trans, that the lateral movement (dampening) is restricted and the vibration is now transmitted to the cross-frame member, then up to the seat of my pants?

Why not hard-mount the motor and get it over with?

I think it would be cool to put a rigging pin somewhere on my chassis so I could remove the heim joint and secure it when on the long-haul, then install the bolt when I want to get more aggressive.

As I said in my initial post, the rear end is tighter and more responsive, but I bought a touring bike not a go-cart.

Rolled 30,000 miles today in less than 2 years! How 'bout all you bar-hoppers and Rolex Riders..BA HA HA!

Last edited by stevepacman; 05-10-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepacman
When I was doing some research and getting some feedback from some riders who have installed them, about 50% of them said they had increased vibration and didn't care for it.
I wonder why we haven't heard more about added vibes from all those on this forum who have installed these. I and 4 of my friends have the Bagger Brace and have no added vibes whatsoever. I think something else is going on with your bike and maybe the BB made it more apparent.

Rick

Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Sound like a piece of junk. I'll give you $50 bucks for it..

Old 05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"How 'bout all you bar-hoppers and Rolex Riders..BA HA HA!"

the funniest thing I have read today!!!!! hahahahahaha by the way I have two rolexs,,,,

Old 05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepacman

And yet you still bought a Bagger Brace?

My TRW produces no added vibration.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DamifIknow
Sound like a piece of junk. I'll give you $50 bucks for it..
I'll be a little more generous and offer $75 for the piece of junk

Rick

Quick Reply: Bagger Brace Coming Off