Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Controversy over Fuel Pak or Super Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:02 AM
JackKansas
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controversy over Fuel Pak or Super Tuner

Putting V&H Monster Ovals on a 2007 Ultra Classic. Have ordered the Arlen Ness Stage 1 Kit and V&H Fuel Pak. Our Harley Dealership is telling me I need the Pro Super Tuner instead of the V&H Fuel Pak and need to put it on the Dyno for 4 Hours. What is the truth. We want to do it right but not get shafted money wise.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it was my bike I would go for the Pro Super Tuner & Dyno. I would check around and see if you can find any Screaming Eagle Race Tuners around. Its been discontinued and replaced by the Pro Super Tuner and you might be able to find one at a big discount.

I don't know much about the V&H Fuel Pak but I think it only allows you to adjust the fuel - Harley's tuners will allow you to adjust all engine parameters.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:23 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by JackKansas
Putting V&H Monster Ovals on a 2007 Ultra Classic. Have ordered the Arlen Ness Stage 1 Kit and V&H Fuel Pak. Our Harley Dealership is telling me I need the Pro Super Tuner instead of the V&H Fuel Pak and need to put it on the Dyno for 4 Hours. What is the truth. We want to do it right but not get shafted money wise.
You didn't ask about the Power Commander (PCV), but it should be on your short list. Buying from Fuel Moto
($300) you'll get an accurate map for your bike that won't require a dyno-tune.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:33 PM
hyPerhog
Cruiser

recentley got a stage four kit from harley it came with a pro super tuner its just sitting in an unopened box in my garage make me an offer i dont need it. im using a thunder max instead

Old 05-16-2009, 03:05 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

Your dealer is a liar.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Volfan615
Tourer

The 2 dealers closest to me will not sell or install the Fuelpak. They are both pushing the Pro super tuner. My $600 slipons have turned into a $1800 project.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:24 PM
WingNut55
Banned

Small price to pay for a correct running $ 20,000 Bike .. If the Tuner was worth a $hit.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Any of those products (FuelPak, ST, or PCV) will do the job, but for your configuration, the FuelPak is the lowest cost option. But it is not configurable on a dyno like the others, so if you plan other mods in the future, the PCV may be the more cost effective option.

I have used the FuelPak and it worked well. I'm now running a PCV because V&H does not offer a map for my configuration (Monster Ovals, 103" kit, SE Intake).

Last edited by Pastor John; 05-16-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 PM
mile high king
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For just an air cleaner and slip-ons, the Fuel Pak will do fine. That's what I am running and no complaints whatsoever. If you do more mods, then you can outgrow the FuelPak, but you don't need to spend that money now. Also, when you go with a custom tune, the person doing the tuning needs to know what they are doing or they can make things worse, not better.

Originally Posted by JackKansas

Old 05-16-2009, 10:55 PM
spanky73
Intermediate

I have just went through the same thing with the dealers. They want to get your money for the HD download but in the end if all you want to do ride like a sane person the V&H fuelpak is the cheapest and best way to go. If you ride hard you might want to go for the pro pak. I Have an 07 Ultra with Stage One are intake and bub slipons and the fuel pak works great and I saved about 500 bucks by doing it myself.

Quick Reply: Controversy over Fuel Pak or Super Tuner