Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawg Wired vs. Hogtunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:58 PM
PAStreetGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawg Wired vs. Hogtunes

I'm looking to upgrade the speakers in my SG and maybe adding an amp. Just wondering the pros and cons of the 2 products?

Old 05-16-2009, 09:07 PM
SecondChance!!
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go the money and get a set up from Wayne at Baggers541.com and enjoy the tunes without bleeding like getting a Hawg Wired set up and better quality than HogTunes. I just bought an ARC amp and 6-1/2" speakers a month ago and they ROCK!!!
They blow my stock Bose system in my 05 Z71 away!! My riding partner has a newer Hog Tune system and is selling it to get an ARC set up like mine.
I know you did not have ARC as an option, just my 2 cents.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:13 PM
PAStreetGlide
Cruiser

I have looked at the arc stuff and also the wet sounds packages. I'm just lookin for the most bang for my buck that I wont be disappointed with.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:22 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I went with Hogtunes all the way and love it. I have the Tweeter Pod, replaced the fairing speakers and installed the lower speakers and amp. The sound is fantastic.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 PM
3itodd
Tourer

I have hawg wired I love them I'm sold on them just because they have GREAT customer service!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 12:03 AM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok - I have been reading a couple of these threads and was looking at new speakers myself. I thought I had my mind made up until they brought ARC into the pic didn't know anything about them. So now answer this for me please. I know from just reading what some of the others have said about HOGTUNS is that with the pod and the speakers you get a great sound with out the amp. I know you will get better sounds with an amp but does the ARC system give you good sound with out the amp, like the HOGTUNS? I wanted to start out with the speakers for now then add the amp later. I like the price of the ARC if they will give me the same sound at this time with out the amp.

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:14 AM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default arc audio

Originally Posted by cap5369
Ok - I have been reading a couple of these threads and was looking at new speakers myself. I thought I had my mind made up until they brought ARC into the pic didn't know anything about them. So now answer this for me please. I know from just reading what some of the others have said about HOGTUNS is that with the pod and the speakers you get a great sound with out the amp. I know you will get better sounds with an amp but does the ARC system give you good sound with out the amp, like the HOGTUNS? I wanted to start out with the speakers for now then add the amp later. I like the price of the ARC if they will give me the same sound at this time with out the amp.

Thanks.
NO, they won't. You are not going to find a speaker that sounds good w/o an amp, that is made to have 75w-100w through them. It's really one or the other. If you buy a set of speakers that sound good w/o an amp, you will blow them up with an amp. I HIGHLY recommend the arc audio amp and 6-1/2" speakers. I had the 150w Hawg-wired system and it sounded alot better than the stock set-up, but can not compare to the arc system. Do yourself a favor and wait until you can afford the arc system, it's that good... My dad has the hogtunes speakers that do not require an amp and they sound better than the stock ones forsure, but if you really want it to sound clear and loud, but the arc audio stuff. The 6-1/2" speakers are ALOT better than the 5-1/4".

Old 05-17-2009, 02:06 AM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

Originally Posted by cap5369

Thanks.
the "Arc" is the amp... and with an amp will come better sound quality and volume...

Old 05-17-2009, 06:18 AM
e6fmf
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Hawg Wired vs. Hog Tunes

Hog Tunes speakers and Biketronics Titan amp. Plug and play. Great sound for the money.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:40 AM
vbx07
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed a hog tunes amp. This was the last piece of the puzzle. I installed speakers first, great improvment over stock. Louder and clearer without distortion. Then came the pods. Not only do they look good, they work as advertized. Then came the amp. WOW! I did not expect that much of a difference. The performance is in a word, AWSOME! Much more full sound, much less tinty. Bass is now useable. In fact I had to turn it down. I am very happy with this set up.

Quick Reply: Hawg Wired vs. Hogtunes