Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Ultra Classic Gold Key Radio specs

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 12:38 AM
jjr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 03 Ultra Classic Gold Key Radio specs

I just purchased a 2003 silver black Ultra Classic with the Gold Key package (what ever that means) The PO told me he did not have the key though. It does have the gold wheels, anniversary emblem on the front fender and windshield as well as the rest of the normal places.

Could someone tell me what the gold key package is? Also what are the specs of the stereo system? I looked in a 03 HD Brochure and they said that the Gold Key Ultra had a premium audio package.
TIA,
John

Old 05-12-2006, 07:44 AM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 03 Ultra Classic Gold Key Radio specs

The gold key package in 03 for the ultra consisted of the windshield with emblem fender medallion,bike cover,3 side covers for the bike such as timer,derby and aircleaner and an actual key that was brass plated in a case normally used as a display piece. there was no premium audio system except the one anyone can buy and attach as I did.It also had special grips and end caps for the grips.I WAS WORKING FOR A DEALERSHP DURING 03 AND HAVE AN 03 ULTRA SO BELIEVE ME WHEN i TELL YOU THERE WAS NO PREMIUM AUDIO UNLESS YOU PAID YOUR 499.00 FOR THE AMP UNDER THE TOUR PAK. i WOULD HAVE NOTICED CONSIDERING I SOLD ABOUT 25 OF THEM IN 03.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:59 AM
jjr
Road Captain

The gold key package in 03 for the ultra consisted of the windshield with emblem fender medallion,bike cover,3 side covers for the bike such as timer,derby and aircleaner and an actual key that was brass plated in a case normally used as a display piece. there was no premium audio system except the one anyone can buy and attach as I did.It also had special grips and end caps for the grips.I WAS WORKING FOR A DEALERSHP DURING 03 AND HAVE AN 03 ULTRA SO BELIEVE ME WHEN i TELL YOU THERE WAS NO PREMIUM AUDIO UNLESS YOU PAID YOUR 499.00 FOR THE AMP UNDER THE TOUR PAK. i WOULD HAVE NOTICED CONSIDERING I SOLD ABOUT 25 OF THEM IN 03.
That is good to know, as mentioned I was going by a 2003 HD Brochure that showed the Silver/Black Ultra Classis and in the description noted that it came with a CD player and Premium stereo. Probably just hipe. Same goes for what the seller told me as he said the bike had the gold key package but he did not have the key. The bike does have the emblem on the front fender, windhsield and has the 100th HD bike cover. The grips have been swapped out for Kuyrakyns. I did ask him about the stereo and he said it was stock. I picked up the premium audio out of the 03 brochure.

Would you know the stock specs of the stereo (how many wpc and what OHM?)

Thanks,
John

Old 05-12-2006, 10:03 AM
PEZ
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there

Good lookin scoot--I really like that colour scheme. The factory radio puts out around 20-24 watts per channel and comes with 8 ohm speakers

PEZ

Old 05-12-2006, 06:05 PM
jjr
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: PEZ

Hey there

Good lookin scoot--I really like that colour scheme. The factory radio puts out around 20-24 watts per channel and comes with 8 ohm speakers

PEZ
Just got off the phone with HD customer service at the headquarters in Wi. I had them run the vin and tell me what sound system came in the bike. They told me that my 03 ULtra Classic came stock with the premium stereo system from the factory.