Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official Touring Seat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:34 AM
nskitts
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Official Touring Seat Thread

Well, not exactly official, but could be!

Post which seats you have tried and what your experience has been as far as ergonomics and comfort go for both you and your passenger.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:53 AM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

'08 RG , stock seat stunk , sold to a member here ..

Was a toss up between a Mustang and a SunDowner Deep Bucket ..
Got the Sundowner , love it ..

On the TG's I had , they used to make a double bucket , that was the cat's meow ..

Soon as they come out with a RZ for the '08 , the SunDowner will be history as well

Old 05-23-2009, 09:04 AM
nskitts
Cruiser

Have you heard of anyone using the Corbin Dual Canyon? It looks like a double bucket and has a low profile. I have heard good and bad about Corbin..such as their seats are hard and the customer service is bad but it is a good looking leather seat!

Old 05-23-2009, 09:24 AM
MangoMike
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for starting this thread, great idea.

I changed the original seat on my 09 Ultra to the Reach since my inseam is only about 29" and it set me a little lower. But the Reach is not very comfortable. I have an Airhawk, but have only tried it around town and it seems okay, but I think I'd like a better seat.

Looking at a MeanCity conversion, but would also like to hear what others about my height (5'9") have done.

Mike

Old 05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Kbore
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corbin Dual Tour (Close Model; 5' 7" rider) gets a 10. THe OL like it too. Seat was hard as a brick **** house to start, like your first girlfriend, but gets softer with age, like your OL.

After 10K miles it still breaks in a little after a 300 mile ride. It is VERY VERY comfortable on a long haul, especially compared to the HD seats. I was a dealer for a while and I have the heated model- heated leather- yea! And before you flame me for a heated seat- its a fukin touring bike not a chopper.....

Old 05-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Having a 29" inseam myself I have come to the realization that a touring seat and flat footing it comfortably will never happen. Of course I am in the minority that ran a stock seat on both of my previous Street Glides and didn't have a problem with comfort on long distances. Have one on the way for my 09 and I am hoping it helps. Currently running an 08 Road Glide seat and even though it was great on my 08 SG, it isn't cutting it on my 09 EGC. These taller/wider 09 frames are a PITA for us shorter riders.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 AM
nskitts
Cruiser

I am always seeing the stock Road Glide seats bringing a pretty good price on EvilBay...and that's what I am going to be getting away from. Maybe I am missing something here...are people using them for other apps like the person above?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:12 AM
kromdom
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock RK (standard) seat for me when riding solo...no complaints. pillow look HD seat when 2-up...no complaints also.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:38 AM
wolfshead1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corbin dual tour for me,dual heated as well.Studs even.I'd never trade seats.It's firm and needs some ridin at first,I also believe it firms up the bike and lessens the wobbles.I have 30" legs and an old body,seats me lower to the ground also.You may not like a heated seat but your girl friend does.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:04 PM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member

Liked the look of the stock SG seat so I had it completely redone inside (multiple layers, gel pad) by Allen at Mean City. Kinda looks like a "fat" stocker now, pretty comfortable.

Quick Reply: The Official Touring Seat Thread