Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RevTech DFO

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:04 AM
wbogan
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RevTech DFO

Has anyone ever bought and used the RevTech Digital Fuel Optimizer?
I have an 01 Road King Classic with EFI and a K&N air filter.
I would like to change out my stock exhaust to true duals but would like to get a fuel controller as well.
This unt looks easier to install than the Power Commander.
What do you think?
Thx
Wayne

Old 06-01-2009, 09:22 AM
RED E GLIDE
Tourer

I have one and I like it. It works well for bolt on mods.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:31 AM
rideshack
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any of the "3-pot" adjusters basically downgrades fuel injection into an ancient form of carburaetion. They assign an duty cycle length on the injectors in just three ranges, where the fuel injection system wants to see a couple hundred different duty cycles depending on conditions present. Cobra, Arlen Ness, and even HD have a component that is similar to catch the customers that want to do it themselves, but are intimidated (understandably) by fuel injection.

If you want a component you can install yourself without a computer, look at the Fuelpak from Vance & Hines.

If you purchase a Powercommander from us or Fuelmoto (both forum sponsors), it will be shipped with a map loaded that will be close for the mods on you bike, so the worry of programming is reduced.

Corey

Old 06-01-2009, 09:49 AM
RED E GLIDE
Tourer

It actually has 4 potentiometers, not 3. I think the Fuel pack has only 3. The DFO is made in the USA. Nice sales pitch though.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:06 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran a DFO for years and recently went to a Power Commander. If you are just doing Air Cleaner and Exhaust, then you will be fine with the DFO. As far as install, the Power Commander is MUCH easier, as its plug and play, whereas the DFO needs to be Hardwired into the wiring harness. Its not difficult at all, but not as easy as the PowerCommander. If you plan on doing future mods to your motor, such as cams, heads, big bore, then spend the extra money now and do a Power Commander or SERT, or other such tuneable device. If you aren't going to do any of that stuff, the DFO works great, and i would recommend it to anyone. The one that i took off my bike will likely go on my buddy's EG once we install the Stage 1

Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 AM
rideshack
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RED E GLIDE
It actually has 4 potentiometers, not 3. I think the Fuel pack has only 3. The DFO is made in the USA. Nice sales pitch though.

The Fuelpak actually has 18 sectors of adjustment. It is a proprietory configuration, disallowing customer manipulation and adjustment. A mute point since they don't make a Fuelpak for Mag-Marelli.

No sales pitch, just information. Nearly every vendor sells a entry level fuel adjuster, and they basically function the same as the other. Most only allow the adding of fuel, no leaning of fuel adjustment. Not all configurations want more fuel. In fact, I think at least three of them were developed by the same guy, and marketed by different companies. Techlusion, DFO, and Cobra, I think. I could be wrong.

Corey

Last edited by rideshack; 06-01-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Tom from http://harleygoodies.com/ here. I vote for a PC for simplicity sake and the ability to upgrade it easily. DFO is okay, but the PC offers far more adjustability.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

Old 06-01-2009, 12:32 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a DFO. I like it. It worked great to do what I wanted....add fuel after putting one True Duals...My throttle response is great and I get good fuel mileage....40-45 in most riding conditions.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRider2002
whereas the DFO needs to be Hardwired into the wiring harness.
The Stealth DFO model is plug and play also.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:38 PM
phat96
Road Warrior

My old dfo had 3 pods and the new one has the 4 pods. Had my new one in 1 year and it works well but I feel it's leaving something on the table with HP and Torque. I have true duals also and other tweaks to the motor, on the 01 I would do the PC then theres no guessing on air fuel ratio's or HP. My opinion.

Quick Reply: RevTech DFO