Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 Ultra Fuel Filter Replacement How-To w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:56 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty cool, thank you for taking the time to do this.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:21 PM
aclass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MR VTX
Thanks! Yeah, I guess the tank draining could be skipped, as long as the plugged hose doesn't leak like mine did. Next time I change it, I'll have a better plug for the tube. You'll have to be quick about getting the plugged hose on there...the gas spits out quickly. Make sure you have plenty of clean rags to cleanup the spilled gas.

I'm a little slow MrVTX but we're talking the cross over tube on the outside of the tank and in the front on the bottom of the tank, correct?? I dont think I understand why that has to be fondled with at all.

I'm hoping to just have the fuel level at or below 1/4 tank and remove the canopy and the 10lb of stuff that has to come through the 5lb hole.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:20 PM
MR VTX
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aclass
I'm a little slow MrVTX but we're talking the cross over tube on the outside of the tank and in the front on the bottom of the tank, correct?? I dont think I understand why that has to be fondled with at all.

I'm hoping to just have the fuel level at or below 1/4 tank and remove the canopy and the 10lb of stuff that has to come through the 5lb hole.
Well, I guess I'm a little slower, 'cause now that I think about it, I'm sure the procedure could be done without draining the tank. Just cover your tank really well to catch/wipe up any fuel spills when you pull the contraption out.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
harleydynaglidefxd
Stage I
Default fuel filter replacement

I have an 07 Ultra and followed this thread and pictures to change out my filter after the bike was backfiring and running very rough. Make sure you follow the steps and replace the canopy gasket and screws or it will leak. thanks for the great pics and steps.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Led Zeppelin
Tourer

Great pictures

Old 11-25-2009, 04:43 PM
MR VTX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by harleydynaglidefxd
I have an 07 Ultra and followed this thread and pictures to change out my filter after the bike was backfiring and running very rough. Make sure you follow the steps and replace the canopy gasket and screws or it will leak. thanks for the great pics and steps.
Cool...glad it helped you. And yes, I did replace the canopy gasket and screws, even though I thought long & hard about reusing the old ones. Glad I didn't do that!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Ramson
Stage I

good presentation, is what I was looking for,good pictures and information
Thanks

Old 06-12-2010, 09:19 PM
rlknapp
Stage I

So it is my fuel filter. My 03' gets hic-cups after about 70 miles on a new tank of fuel. i've got 30,000.... and never changed my filter yet. thanks for your great presentation. i'm ready to tackle mine now.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Dallas 13
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Mr VTX! Your description helped a bunch! I was good until the whole pump mess wouldn't come out; then I saw your hint on the pump hinge. The guys writing the books could learn a few things from you.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:48 AM
MR VTX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dallas 13
Thanks Mr VTX! Your description helped a bunch! I was good until the whole pump mess wouldn't come out; then I saw your hint on the pump hinge. The guys writing the books could learn a few things from you.
Cool...glad it helped you out!

Quick Reply: '06 Ultra Fuel Filter Replacement How-To w/ Pics