Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 Ultra Fuel Filter Replacement How-To w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 AM
PCBHugo
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You gave a terrific report and had excellent pictures. Thanks! I'm new to this board, but post like this help me a lot. Maybe you or some other reader can give me some direction on a problem that I have. I need a fuel pump assembly for a 2002 Ultra Classic. I've had one on backorder since August, 2012. The lastest date given me for delivery was February 17, 2013. I need a source for a good used, or new, one. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. (I figured this post of yours would have a big audience, and since I can't make "Wanted" posts yet, I felt this might get out word of my need.)

Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 PM
KrustyHD222
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PCBHugo I would keep a lookout on eBay. Pretty sure the part number you need is 75126-02C. Here's a link to a used one if that's the route you want to go:
http://www.ldgenuineparts.com/Fuel%20System.html
Here's another on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Harley-...p2047675.l2557
Double check that part number to be sure! Good luck!

Old 04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
The Hammer
Intermediate
Default 2007 cvo ultra loss of power and runs hot

Thanks for the post VTX ti helped me diagnose my bike. We took off on a 200 mile trip last weekend and got about 3/4 of the way through riding two up and the bike seemed to loose power. It was just after we had fueled that I noticed it seemed to be laboring. We made it home and the bike was super hot, I check the oil and started pondering what the heck could have happened. I have just turned 20,000 miles and wasn't sure about changng the fuel filter when I just did all the fluids. Your post was excellent and I thank you for taking the time to put the pics. It took me about 45 min and $91 at the HD store to fix my problem, the filter was about 3/4 restricted. Ready for some good riding weather now thanks again

Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 PM
eberg
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need to do this myself. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 AM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Huge help

Just pulled out the fuel pump last night. This thread saved me from having to go to the dealer and I'm stoked. The first step went much smoother than I imagined. Other than getting gas all over the place draining the tank. Didn't realize how fast it would come out of the crossover. Went and tried to find some submersible fuel line and no one had any in stock. Guess I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy the parts from the dealer. Thanks for an awesome thread......

Old 05-14-2014, 01:19 PM
KrustyHD222
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default If it's fuel line you need...

Originally Posted by jamess71
Just pulled out the fuel pump last night. This thread saved me from having to go to the dealer and I'm stoked. The first step went much smoother than I imagined. Other than getting gas all over the place draining the tank. Didn't realize how fast it would come out of the crossover. Went and tried to find some submersible fuel line and no one had any in stock. Guess I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy the parts from the dealer. Thanks for an awesome thread......
I can check when I get home but I think I might have a spare corrugated line from the factory kit if you want that I can mail it on over. Free to your good home...

Old 05-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Just-Jeff
Cruiser

Mr. VTX I know you did this 5 years ago thanks for the write up. I'm going to save this so I don't have to have the dealer doing it.
Thanks for taking the time.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:16 AM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KrustyHD222
I can check when I get home but I think I might have a spare corrugated line from the factory kit if you want that I can mail it on over. Free to your good home...
Thanks Krusty, I appreciate it but I bought the filter kit last night. I'm hoping to get the check valve assembly today and have it back on the road tomorrow. Gotta love the forum. ;-)

Old 06-11-2014, 04:36 PM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Saving for Archive

Old 06-11-2014, 06:31 PM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great write up.......very useful information.....GOOD JOB!!!
Thank you for the info n pictures...

Quick Reply: '06 Ultra Fuel Filter Replacement How-To w/ Pics