Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 7 ga. Gas tank option for Baggers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

will a boss hoss tank fit?
they hold a lot of gas.
they also look super overcompensated too.
make my ***** feel better about the whole thing.

would it really be that hard to widen a stock tank 1 or 2 inches each side? handlbars and friends would still clear right? if they didn't different handlebars should fix any potential problems. electronics would be the same. lot of banging cutting and welding but I think that is fun.....

I would love to go 200 miles barely getting 130 now
(every lights a 1/4 mile...) zoom zoom zoom

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
mrnone
Road Master

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...-cool7tank.htm
is the correct link

FK-COOL7TANK-CARB FITS Carburated Bikes Usually Ships Within 24 to 48 Hours $1,350.00 $1,284.95 FK-COOL7TANK-FI FITS Fuel Injected Bikes Usually Ships Within 24 to 48 Hours $1,795.00 $1,699.95

Old 04-04-2011, 12:16 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sharp looking tank, and ouchy on price!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts

mrnone

I am the person who talked Don into building this tank and I am the one who sent my frame to Don (FATKAZ). ME. Tell me again about the proper link and also who sponsors your post. Do you think this is cheap to do? Another person on the internet telling all what he knows. Here is the link and here is the #. Like that bum *** brother in law who comes over, eats your food, drinks your beer than steals your change.

http://www.fatkatz.com/
530-268-2232

Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I like the look of it and depending on what it costs I'd entertain the idea of getting one. I don't think the one gallon difference is going to mean much unless you ride alone most of the time though, because riding with other people who have the five gallon tanks or smaller sporty tanks, they're going to have to stop and you'll probably never run a stock six gallon tank out before somebody else runs their 5 out anywy.
The pic in your sig, what is that and where is it? Looks pretty cool to ride into a cave.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by mrnone
would it really be that hard to widen a stock tank 1 or 2 inches each side? handlbars and friends would still clear right? if they didn't different handlebars should fix any potential problems. electronics would be the same. lot of banging cutting and welding but I think that is fun.....
I have read somewhere here on HDF of someone who has had his stock tank widened like that. I am working on fitting a recent 6 gallon tank and there is not very much spare room when on full lock! So I don't think a stock tank can be widened by very much.

A gallon is a 6" cube. Despite having my original 5 gallon tank alongside my 'new' 6 gallon one I can't see how Harley squeezed in that extra gallon! Getting in a second cube to make 7 gallons would take some imagination and work.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:53 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Cool bragging rights?

hey grumpy your posted link is a dead end. sorry I tried to do the right thing. can guarantee that never happening again. listen to this guy... "I know the guy that does stuff, I let him experiment with my bike" sorry I am only interested in hands on experience. you are not a hands on guy or you would have done it your self. I don't care about costs and sponsors and why you bring it up just shows me more of how much compensation you need. I just want more gas in my tank you however will be searching a for a life forever. keep your bragging at the bar.
Originally Posted by FastHarley
mrnone

I am the person who talked Don into building this tank and I am the one who sent my frame to Don (FATKAZ). ME. Tell me again about the proper link and also who sponsors your post. Do you think this is cheap to do? Another person on the internet telling all what he knows. Here is the link and here is the #. Like that bum *** brother in law who comes over, eats your food, drinks your beer than steals your change.

http://www.fatkatz.com/
530-268-2232

Old 04-05-2011, 08:28 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

funny, i had no problem with that link

Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Link worked for me....