Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kickstand support

Old 06-19-2009, 12:40 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by questor
with my arthritis and 11B days, there is no friggin way from a seated positon retrieving any object from the ground or reaching back into the saddle for the support.

Love the idea of "string". Still need a solution to insert the support.
You got the storage in the lowers? I believe my coaster would fit in one of them. I don't have a radio, so I put it in the bag I have in its place.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD Lowers have room, but start at about $450. and they block too much air to be useful to a rider in Southern California. I think a more economical solution would be to put it in a pouch of some kind in the front of the bike or where the rider can easily reach it.

Not so easy on the RG, so my current solution will be to have my OL tuck that HD puck in her bra. She is a smart girl so after a few miles I'm sure she will figure out a better way to do it.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:21 PM
FXDIinMD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobzilla
just tie a rope on it and hang it on the handle bars
why didn't i think of that?!??!?!?! keep it in the lower compartment... man... made my day, thanks!!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 02:29 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gunner11
I keep a flat beer can in my left lower, take it out put it on the gorund and there it is!
Flat beer can works great and if you forget pick it up...no great loss.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Pops
Road Captain

I went to a local parts store for Tractor Trailors asked the mechanic if he had any take off mud flaps. I then cut a circle out of it small enough to fit in the lower fairing compartment and WA_LA instant support. Good Luck

Old 06-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Default HD Puck Placement on a Road Glide

Today I woke up with a decent idea. I decided to attach the HD puck to the inner faring of my Road Glide with 3M Velcro. I cleaned the faring and puck, stuck the looped side of the Velcro to the puck and pealed the back off of the fuzzy side so that I could place it right where I needed it to be. I placed it on the left side just above where the faring support attaches to the engine guard, but past the back of the faring, about an inch from the tank. The puck "sits" on top of the support and because it is behind the faring, a quick ride at (or above ) freeway speeds proved that it was well secured.

Attached Thumbnails kickstand support-clean-spot.jpg   kickstand support-puck-with-velcro.jpg   kickstand support-puck-in-place.jpg   kickstand support-from-above.jpg  
Old 06-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Freebee
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use an electrical box cover ($0.99 from Home Depot) with a string tied to it. Throw it down and pull the string till it's under the stand then lean the bike over.
When you leave reverse the process.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
bjryman
Tourer

I installed one of the saddle bag crash bar bags. Then I took the HD puck and added a key fob on a retracting line. (You know, when you attache your key to your belt and then just pull on the key and unwind the wire

I added an elastic band at the other end.

OK, now what I do is stop and while on the bike reach to my right and pull the whole assembly out of the saddle bag crash bar extra bag. The I drop it on the ground about where the kickstand will extend. Lower the kickstand and move the bike onto to puck.

Now the trick is how to get that little puppy up again. Well that's where the key fob on the retracting line comes in. I take the line and extract it and wrap the elastic band around my handgrip. That way when I get back on the bike I just kick out the puck and the line zips it right up to my hand grip. Take off the elastic band, and place the whole thing back in the sidebag and you are ready to leave.

It has been a real timesaver and safety improvement for sure

Old 06-23-2009, 01:34 PM
questor
Road Master

Dang... great ideas.. Will now adapter and overcome!

Thanks for all the great tips....

Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hhhmm.............never used anytjhing under the side stand. Either I'm lucky or I spend more time riding than parked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kickstand support