Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mother's "Back to Black" Works Wonders

Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM
thehueg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mother's "Back to Black" Works Wonders

I read another thread about using Mother's Back to Black for removing the chalking on the inner fairing, particularly on the areas that get the most sunlight. I applied this stuff and it instantly returned the inner fairing to the deep, rich, black finish it had the day I bought the bike. I also found it worked great on the rubber trim around my GMC Envoy windows. One of the few products I've tried recently that works better than advertised!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:09 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Mothers products are very good. Their chrome polish is great too for getting rubber or road tar off your pipes! I have been using their products for years on my hot rod too.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:24 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone use Mothers Back to Black on black denim paint?

Previous, older thread, stated used on black engines and possibly on black denim
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/detai...-engine-3.html

Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jknowlton
anyone use Mothers Back to Black on black denim paint?

Previous, older thread, stated used on black engines and possibly on black denim
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/detai...-engine-3.html

Now why would you want to do that when its just a base clear paint system with a flatting agent in the clear... You can wax it you know? Its not gonna shine but the wax will help protect it ... The beauty o the flat clear is the fact the UV rays dont eat it up and it can be cared for with just a simple wash and wax..
Yes I used to do paint and body work and still do for myself ........

Old 06-24-2009, 07:23 AM
jknowlton
Road Master

Originally Posted by n8dc
Now why would you want to do that when its just a base clear paint system with a flatting agent in the clear... You can wax it you know? Its not gonna shine but the wax will help protect it ... The beauty o the flat clear is the fact the UV rays dont eat it up and it can be cared for with just a simple wash and wax..
Yes I used to do paint and body work and still do for myself ........
Reason I asked, was because previously user stated that it covered up a scratch in his paint on his rear fender, but he had the normal gloss black. I dont want the bike to be glossy, that is why I was wondering if it makes it glossy, which I dont want. I have a minor scratch in the rear fender, and no one knows what to do beside repaint the whole damn thing.

Sorry for asking a dumb question, was just trying to figure if I could use it on there to try to get the minor scratch out.

I know people have used it on black engines to restore it back to original color, so I am going to pick it up today to use on the fender struts and other black wrinkle parts on the bike.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:39 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thehueg
I read another thread about using Mother's Back to Black for removing the chalking on the inner fairing, particularly on the areas that get the most sunlight. I applied this stuff and it instantly returned the inner fairing to the deep, rich, black finish it had the day I bought the bike. I also found it worked great on the rubber trim around my GMC Envoy windows. One of the few products I've tried recently that works better than advertised!
I agree. I just used it for the first time and it really works. I didn't realize how much my inner fairing had faded. I recommend it highly.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:01 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jknowlton
Reason I asked, was because previously user stated that it covered up a scratch in his paint on his rear fender, but he had the normal gloss black. I dont want the bike to be glossy, that is why I was wondering if it makes it glossy, which I dont want. I have a minor scratch in the rear fender, and no one knows what to do beside repaint the whole damn thing.

Sorry for asking a dumb question, was just trying to figure if I could use it on there to try to get the minor scratch out.

I know people have used it on black engines to restore it back to original color, so I am going to pick it up today to use on the fender struts and other black wrinkle parts on the bike.

Ahhhh. Ok .. It really wasnt a dumb question .... I guess if you had some black and some flat clear ? Did you check with H/D for a touch up kit ?? im sure they make one .

Old 06-24-2009, 08:05 AM
jknowlton
Road Master

Originally Posted by n8dc
Ahhhh. Ok .. It really wasnt a dumb question .... I guess if you had some black and some flat clear ? Did you check with H/D for a touch up kit ?? im sure they make one .
I talked to the local paint guy at HD, and stated that the denim paints are really tough and that is he is not really sure if using the touch up kit for denim would work well, he doesnt recommend it as it never look even.

I kind of trust this guy, although I dont trust anyone else at my local HD, he doesnt work there full time, he is a part time guy they call in to use when needed. I helped him here at my work when he came here to deliver something one time, so he was gonna hook me up next time i see him and see what he can do for me, but I have been there 4 times since then and he is never in.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Bingo
Cruiser

I have been using Back to Black for years. Works great around the switch housings, cables and other gloss / semi gloss items. Doesn't leave a dried wax residue if you miss some corners on clean up.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:29 PM
CinBob
Intermediate

I got a scratch in my tank - HD does carry touch up paint in flat black - it works, but not great - covers it up for the passer-by, but it's not the smooth repair that you get on a gloss paint.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mother's "Back to Black" Works Wonders