Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stay Away From Cowboy Harley

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:00 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stay Away From Cowboy Harley

Cowboy owns at least three Harley dealerships, in Austin, Beaumont and San Antonio, plus a couple of Honda stores as well. I’m on their mailing list due to buying my previous bike from them. They sent out a notice asking for volunteers for the ROT rally a couple of weeks ago, offering $50 per shift for each volunteer. I figured it would be a good way for my adopted nephews to make some summer spending money so I signed us up for two days.

On the first day the owner greeted me somewhat sarcastically, and then asked me if I still had the 07 he sold me. I told him I had traded, and that I didn’t buy the new one at Cowboy. He asked a couple of questions and then walked off.

Later that morning a riding buddy heard the owner say in a very loud voice “That f***ing Bob S*****, bought a bike elsewhere to save a lousy $1000.” My friend was amazed at how petty he sounded, and coincidentally my nephew also heard the owner’s rant.

The fact of the matter is that I did give Cowboy first rights for the sale, but after several trips and phone calls they wouldn’t give me a bottom line price. I then solicited bids from several other places, and the dealership across town offered what I thought was a good deal, so I took it. No hard feelings, I still liked the owner and continued to shop there for upgrades to my new bike.

After hearing what the owner said, I was upset, but tried to chalk this up to the stress of the rally. I walked up to him the next day and calmly asked if he was pissed at me. “You’re damn right, after the deal I gave you on the 07 you went elsewhere to save $1000.” I tried to tell him the whole story, but he literally turned his back on me and refused to talk.

At that point I was pretty pissed. I had spent over 25K at his store, and he doesn’t have the guts to speak to me face to face, but has no problem talking trash behind my back. Cowboy had a chance to earn my repeat business, but dropped the ball. Even so, if he thinks people won’t shop elsewhere to save $1000 he is hopelessly out of touch. I wrote him a letter the next day demanding an apology. A week later, he still has not responded.

I just spent $1500 this week on upgrades, none of which came from Cowboy. He will never receive another dime from me. If you are considering purchasing a bike from Cowboy, beware – you might end up getting treated exactly the same way.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:04 PM
cropsure
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know. Some dealers just don't get it.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you get the 50.00 for the rally ?

Old 06-23-2009, 05:20 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i ride to tx they wont get any of my business-ride safe

Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

No problem for me to avoid em

Old 06-23-2009, 05:23 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by n8dc
Did you get the 50.00 for the rally ?
Yes we did. We actually signed up for two days, and they paid us for both. The guy in charge of the volunteers was a class act, I have no complaint in that area.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:30 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,100 Likes on 1,023 Posts

I really hate to here that, because I have a good friend that sells bikes at the Austin store. ----- Oh well, ya just never know! At least it was the "owner" that was the A-H.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:36 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
Yes we did. We actually signed up for two days, and they paid us for both. The guy in charge of the volunteers was a class act, I have no complaint in that area.
Good .. Now the asshat that was talking smack... Option 1 you have already done it right here . (REPORTED).. Option 2 reported here and to anyone you meet while riding your bike on visiting another dealership.. (he cant do squat he talked smack about you) Option 3 Does he frequent any bars ? (insert azz kicking here).. I think i went off on this on another post humiliation and embarrassment from someone is just that azzhole wanting to get his azz kicked. thats my theory anyway .. ... Remember though the world is sue happy so you have to get him to throw the first punch ....

Old 06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
...................Remember though the world is sue happy so you have to get him to throw the first punch ....
SUE HAPPY ????? The owner of Cowboys Harley Davidson is the first laywer ever to sue the cigarette companies and win. Then he made up a name for asbestus poisioning and was the first to sue and win over that.............it made him a Billionaire.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh and another thing............. one of my best buddies bought his '08 Street Glide from Cowboys in Beaumont and thought he got a great deal. He has since sent several people down there, but not one person said they were treated nicely, so no one other than him has bought a bike there.

Quick Reply: Stay Away From Cowboy Harley