Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPOD on '09 RG

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:22 AM
ivel_86
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPOD on '09 RG

I am planning on using my IPOD on my '09 RG. Has anyone done this and is there any issue. I have the stock radio no tour pack with rear speackers. So just front two.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
gforceman2
Cruiser

I just used super duty velcro with my Ipod nano and put it on my dash. Run the cord from the radio jack to the ipod headphone jack, put the bike radio on aux. and thats it! Now it wont charge it like that but if you have a house charger you can plug it in at a hotel etc. if your on a trip.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use my Iphone, just connect a stereo cable from the device to the the aux input and drop the phone in the right glove box. I just put it on shuffle and listen to whatever comes up next. I have used this technique everyday for 7500 miles, no problems to date.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here is a video how I mounted my ipod NANO on my Ultra and how it sounds...

forget the shi*ty commentary LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCWH0MrSi8s

Old 07-14-2009, 12:14 PM
nocages4me
Tourer

I have mine mounted on the left handlebar with a RAM Mount from GPS city. I then ran the male2maile cable and zip tied it to the clutch cable once behind the gauge housing I ran it over to the other side and pluged it into the radio. Just an fyi... always unplug it from the radio and put the little plug back in when you wash it. I didn't do it one time and the radio did work on AUX mode for a few days to dry it out.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:16 PM
ivel_86
Tourer

Nice guys..... Has anyone had any trouble with valume of it.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Hammy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use the IPOD Classic model IPOD's or any other hard drive MP3 player do not mount them rigid to the handle bars as the harddrive will get ruined from the vibrations, I run my IPOD Classis and Toshiba MP3 player to the glove box and have them laying on top of a loose face towel so they are not directly on the vibrating plastic inside the glove box, have had no issues with either player this way, but have a friend who mounted his IPOD Classic with the ram mount and it killed it in 20 minutes.. The Shuffle or Nano can count on the Ram mounts with no issues but hard drive MP3 players can't

Old 07-14-2009, 12:39 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

The only volume problem I've had is with my Iphone. Ever since I upgraded to the new software the headphone output isn't as loud as it was. When using my nano, it works just fine.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
elusiveRG
Intermediate

I just threw my nano in the glove box and ran the wire to the aux connector.

This is a cool addon though if you want to change the volume and songs.
http://www.mwsbike.com/ijet_ipod

Gary

Old 07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ipod vibration

Originally Posted by Hammy
If you use the IPOD Classic model IPOD's or any other hard drive MP3 player do not mount them rigid to the handle bars as the harddrive will get ruined from the vibrations, I run my IPOD Classis and Toshiba MP3 player to the glove box and have them laying on top of a loose face towel so they are not directly on the vibrating plastic inside the glove box, have had no issues with either player this way, but have a friend who mounted his IPOD Classic with the ram mount and it killed it in 20 minutes.. The Shuffle or Nano can count on the Ram mounts with no issues but hard drive MP3 players can't
+1. use a shuffle if possible....

Quick Reply: IPOD on '09 RG