Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any experiance with Tsukayu Products detachable fairing

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:52 PM
SMLRoadking
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Tsukayu Fairing, I have really enjoyed it. I had intentions of just using it on by 2 or 3 long trips a year, but I have not taken it off since i got it.

I have some pictures posted in my Photo Gallery.

I chose this fairing mainly because of the inner fairing. I plan on adding a tach, oil press and volt guage and Tsukayu looked to have more flat surface.

I am sure most of the available aftermarket fairings are similar and have their small advantages and disadvantages.

I will say a short windshield looks better.. but a tall windshield feels better.

There is a picture of my bike on the Tsukayu website, listed under the roadking Standards, but it is the Lava red Sunglo RK Classic.

Steve

Old 07-25-2009, 10:37 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a Woody's fairing last month and it has not been off my RK yet. As far as I can see for now, the only time it will be off the bike will to be painted next week. It is a 2-piece, which is okay with me, it is easier to adjust and it does not detract from the overall quality of the fairing, which is outstanding.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
Interesting. They are the only company I've seen who makes a batwing fairing for Dyna's and Softail Custom's (Standards, NT's, etc). If I ever sell my bagger I'd get one of these for the Softy in a minute.
Where do they list softail customs or nighttrains? My friends have those bikes and can't find any fairings. i checked the site listed and it doesnt show those bike.s

Old 07-26-2009, 03:12 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike5959
Where do they list softail customs or nighttrains? My friends have those bikes and can't find any fairings. i checked the site listed and it doesnt show those bike.s
If you go to the site below and scroll about 2/3 the way down where it say "Small Batwing Fairing with Full stereo" and chose the model you are buying for you will see the Standard, Custom, and Rocker listed. If they fit the Standard and Custom they will fit a Night Train.

http://www.tsukayu.com/QuickDetachab...ngforDyna.html

Old 07-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll be devil's advocate here, I know of two fairings made in Wisconsin, two in Washington, one from California, one or more from SE Asia, and I'm not sure where the one based in Kansas is made. (hopefully someone who knows will chime in) Anyone got a favorite Country to help out? PS, my name is Glenn and I live in Wisconsin

(and yes, my speakers are from SE Asia. If anyone knows of some made here with a 6" outer diameter that are a good match for 45-55w peak/ch head units, I'd welcome the heads-up)

Last edited by Glenn W; 07-26-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 AM
fishnc_mprs
Stage II
Location: In the summer I live in Adams, WI and in the winter I live in Quartzsite, AZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairings Made in WI

I am looking for the person in Kenosha that makes fairings.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Glenn W
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fishnc_mprs
I am looking for the person in Kenosha that makes fairings.
There are two that I know of;

www.woodysfairings.com and www.hoppeindustries.com
(I own Woody's)