Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: For a 2008 FLHT which do u prefer?
Kerker 2-1
15.38%
SuperTrapp 2-1 Supermeg
53.85%
BUB7 2-1
15.38%
V&H ProPipe High Output
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

SuperTrapp - Kerker questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:02 PM
vickon
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default SuperTrapp - Kerker questions

What's the difference, if any, between the SuperTrapp 2-1 Supermeg and the Kerker 2-1 Supermeg?
Is it that the SuperTrapp has the sound discs and the Kerker does not?
Qualitywise, any known issues with these?
I've heard a couple of bikes with the Kerker and they sound pretty damn loud to me, anything special I should look for with these pipes?

I am being "forced" to get rid of my beloved D&D Fatcat so I'm looking at the BUB7 2-1, V&H ProPipe High Output, SuperTrapp 2-1 and Kerker 2-1 as options.

As always, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Many thanks!

Last edited by vickon; 07-25-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:51 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 395 Posts

How are you being "forced" to get rid of my beloved D&D Fatcat? Why because of noise or what?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:59 PM
John K
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious also, why dumping the Fatcats?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM
vickon
Road Warrior

I'm not the biggest guy on the forum and I have a 29" inseam so I lowered the scoot, the usual stuff. Problem is the D&D Fatcat rear cylinder pipe curves back and outwards and when stopped my leg is extremely close to it, I've burned myself, pants and two sets of brand new raingear pants!!
It forced me to learn and practice the one foot (left) stop but honestly when the OL is on the back and the scoot fully loaded it can be a challenge. It got to the point I started dreading riding the bike under those conditions (2-up/loaded) so I had to decide and sadly they'll have to go.
The sound is totally awesome, unique, the power increase noticeable and the finish great but they simply don't work for me. I've had them for almost a year (11 mths) and I've tried and tried to make them work but hey, you gotta know when to "fold".
Similar thing happened to me before with a set of Rinehart duals, the left side curved outwards so much I kept burning my left leg!! Had them for no more than 2 weeks.

There, my sad story ...another day in the life of the "vertically challenged" ...

Last edited by vickon; 07-26-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:07 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

I had a Kerker 2-1 on my FXWG and yes its loud.............also had a 2-1 Supertrapp on my FXR and no its not as loud unless you go with an open end cap but even then its not that loud depending on motor work etc...

You shouldn't have a problem with either one as far as your leg burning issue nor would you with the pro-pipe or bub the latter sounding much better.

There is a forum for supertrapp pipe owners http://forums.supertrapp.com/index.php which someone can help with your questions as well.

Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails SuperTrapp - Kerker questions-img_1477.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 08:26 AM
vickon
Road Warrior

Thanks nick@, btw got your pics, the BUB sure looks good. Thanks for the linky!

Guys, how about quality issues with these setups? Heard some not too good things about the V&H for example, guess it's the old "you get what you pay for" thing.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 AM
netvampire
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the kirker 2-1 on my softail. but find it reasonably quiet.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 PM
ron1026
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

the supertrapps are adjustable / tuneable.

Ron

Old 07-26-2009, 04:01 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the Bub's, but the Super Trapp is easier to tune and you can make it louder or quieter with adding or removing disks.

Not sure about the leg clearance of the 2-1 pipe, but the Bub TD setup is pretty much the same as the Rineharts.

You know, an option might be a reach seat, and wrap the pipes before installing the heat shield? Just make sure you soak the wrap before it goes on. Easier to work with and goes on tighter.

Hate to see someone limited to what they can do. Must be some sort of work around?

Old 07-26-2009, 04:23 PM
vickon
Road Warrior

I tried various seats, lowest I can get is with a Corbin which is fine for short stints but really hard on longer 1k mile trips, for the longer trips I'm using a Mustang.

At one point I had them wrapped; I actually wrapped the pipes, put the heatshields on and then wrapped the outside of just the rear "curve", didn't look too pretty but was the most bearable. If they don't sell that's what I'll do.

Many thanks!

Last edited by vickon; 07-26-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: SuperTrapp - Kerker questions