Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley davidson road king club

Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Mark MPDC
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley davidson road king club

I wanted to get the word out that we are in the process of forming a Road King Club in the washington,dc metropolitan area.

I came up with this idea because i noticed in most motorcycle clubs members have all kinds of different bikes in the club but yet i have not seen any clubs that are geared to specific stye of harley's bikes. So far i have asked 10 road king owners and they love the idea and are very interested in seeing it flourish.

So as it stands now sometime next month we will have a meeting of sorts at a local restaurant and just sit down and talk and see what everyone expectations are for the club and what they want to get out of the club like this were only members can own and ride road kings.

Those road king owners who live in the metro area [dc,virginia,maryland] who come on the forum please contact me at my private message or private email at :[mark_20772@yahoo.com] if you would like to be on next months meeting at the restaurant or just want to let us know that you maybe interested.

Last edited by Mark MPDC; 08-05-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:12 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i got two words to say about that. "WILD HOGS" just teasin man. it's great that someone came up with that idea, it's probably do-able.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:15 AM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats your plan if a member decides he wants to trade for a ultra or street glide do you boot him.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:30 AM
9Roadking9
Advanced

count me in,, sounds like a great idea

Old 08-06-2009, 08:33 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior

which one of ya is gonna have the honor of being the "Road Queen" ? LMAO Better take that fairing off!

Last edited by stevengb; 08-06-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in a MC Club called the Wild Pigs, a Police and Firefighter club, (before they kicked out the firefighters) and we had a Road King Division. It was back in 1999-2000 when Road Kings were as hot as Street Glides are now and several of the 40 or so members in our chapter had one so we came up with this patch and the "Road King Division" was born. I think you have a great ideal...GO FOR IT!

Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the idea and i'm from Missouri. Give a good excuse for an east coast trip to the DC area'

Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Can you join if you used to own a Road King?

Beary

Old 08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Mark MPDC
Banned

Let me start off by saying thank you for all the great words of encouragement it means alot. I tell you guys its been wild the amount of feed back and the positive looks i have been getting around my area of guys wanting to know more and wanting to know when is the meeting.

Those of you on here please keep your suggestions coming whether it be positive or negative because i don't want this to fail so please those of you that might can tell us what things to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

I want at this first meeting dinner is just to get everyone on board to talk about their concerns and what they want to acheive with forming a organization like this. I will say one of the biggest things i want to acheive is that members will be from all walks of life and they will be professional people in how they carry themselfves no matter if they are a ceo of a company or they flip fries at McDonalds.

I do also want to get more input of gentlemen who are older and have been riding road kings a long time that have experience to kind of set the tone of the organization,because hey sometimes your elders can see things coming alot sooner
then you can and also give you that word of wisdom talk about these bikes and riding which is about life also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley davidson road king club