Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding a Street Glide Fairing to our Road King

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
52HarleyVette
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Adding a Street Glide Fairing to our Road King

Who has added a Street Glide Fairing to a Road King Classic.
Need Information and Pics to this conversion

Please Note "
I have just read 3 threads where people have asked this question and not ONE straight answer >>>> RESULT WAS I WASTED ONE HOUR and have no answer
Please do NOT answer if # 1 answer is BUY a Street Glide # 2 is Buy an Aftermarket Fairing
# 3 is Look how Awesome mine looks or the other time wasteing comments or opinions
( Like talking to my Wife (LOL )

Please just answer the question !!!!!!!!!!!!
I have purchased a 2007 Street Glide Fairing and Inner Fairing and the Wiring Harness and the Guages and
want it on our 08 Road King Classic

Please answer ONLY if you know the answer to our specific question and
THANK YOU !!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:22 AM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I think you are going to need some more parts if this is to be a permenant mount. I think most that mount a streetglide fairing with detach brackets only use the outer part and not the inner. I remember reading about one guy attempt where he mounted the out shell to the road king windshield to complete the look and it did not look to shabby. If you are "converting" to a street glide with a permenant mount then you will need some support brackets dash over the bars and you will probably want to do something with your ignition because stock parts will look unfinished with a hole for the different ignition location. If I were you I would contact someone that is going from a batwing fairing to a sharknose fairing as they will have all the parts you are looking for less some electrical stuff.

Adam

Old 08-11-2009, 10:15 AM
nocages4me
Tourer

Also if you are leaving it on permenatley you need to think about the tank console. Doesnt' the RK have the speedo on the tank?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I have built a detachable fairing for my RK using a Street Glide inner and outer fairing. Check out this thread. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-fairings.html

If you need more detailed infromation on the build I can email it to you.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:57 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just rode with a guy over the weekend that put an HD fairing on what is mostly an '06 road king. I have no idea what was involved but it looked like it had always been there. I can only assume all of the gages worked. I didn't realy look that closely.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:44 PM
52HarleyVette
Advanced
Default Thanks to those responses so far , keep em Coming

Please keep the Info Coming , There are many other riders that would like to add a Street Glide to a Road King because
#1 Cost > bought Inner fairing. outer fairing , wiring harness , mirrors and all guages for
$ 400
#2 Looks > aftermarket inner fairings usually look unfinished compared to Street Glide
#2 Looks > a Road King front looks better than a Street Glide . in particular the Street Glide Front fender and Street Glide Rim and tire do NOT Look as good as a Road King Classic Fender ,Rim and Wide White Wall Tire
#3 Function > get guages for monitoring and do NOT have to look down to see your instrument panel which is much SAFER in Traffic
*** These are just MY opinions and may not be the opinion of others ( LOL )***

Originally Posted by Pumba11
I have built a detachable fairing for my RK using a Street Glide inner and outer fairing. Check out this thread. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-fairings.html

If you need more detailed infromation on the build I can email it to you.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
52HarleyVette
Advanced
Thumbs up More Info Please

Could you ask the other Rider to contact my E-Mail
E-Mail is wderbyz@mnsi.net

Thank You

Originally Posted by ken thompson
Just rode with a guy over the weekend that put an HD fairing on what is mostly an '06 road king. I have no idea what was involved but it looked like it had always been there. I can only assume all of the gages worked. I didn't realy look that closely.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:25 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain

did it 6 months ago wasnt that hard . found a matching outter on ebay. bought the inner
and brackets from dealer. install a marine grade stereo and mount 2 extra speakers were the speedo and tack would be mounted. found a set of gauges on ebay didnt hook them up but did backlight them

Attached Thumbnails Adding a Street Glide Fairing to our Road King-100_0885.jpg   Adding a Street Glide Fairing to our Road King-100_0888.jpg  
Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
52HarleyVette
Advanced
Thumbs up Info and Pics if Possible

PLease send infO AND PICS IF pOSSIBLE
DID YOU USE THE WIRING HARNESS
DID YOU USE QUICK DETACH OFF ROAD KING MOUNTS
ANY CUTTING OF OUTER OR INNER FAIRING
ANY VIBRATION OR MOVEMENT ON FREEWAY AT HIGHWAY SPEED
ETC , ETC
MY E=MAIL ADDRESS IS ABOVE

PS > NICE JOB LOOKS GREAT

Originally Posted by cardoctor
did it 6 months ago wasnt that hard . found a matching outter on ebay. bought the inner
and brackets from dealer. install a marine grade stereo and mount 2 extra speakers were the speedo and tack would be mounted. found a set of gauges on ebay didnt hook them up but did backlight them

Old 08-11-2009, 10:28 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the photos.

Quick Reply: Adding a Street Glide Fairing to our Road King