Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding rear speakers to Electra Classic

Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM
audettd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding rear speakers to Electra Classic

I was looking to add some rear speakers to my 09 classic. Any suggestions for a reasonable price? HD wants big bucks. The bike comes pre wired for the speakers. I wasn't sure if there's aftermarket speakers that will work for the HD's. Its not worth $500 for rear speakers to me..but if I could find them cheaper maybe.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
cajunfla
Tourer

I need to follow this thread!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 AM
sportsterleroy
Cruiser

I bought a Factory tourpak off ebay for my road glide. Next checked out rear speaker pods, speakers, and need a wire harness to make it all work.

It was looking like big bucks.lol

I found on ebay the Hogtunes ultrasound kit for $300 shipped to me and 20 bucks for the amp plate mount for under the fairing.

the harmon radio did not need to be reflashed to work the rear speakers with this kit, while If I remember correct factory system added must have it.

I got 2 hog tune speakers that I put in fairing , amp under the fairing run the supplied rear speaker harness and drill pods to tour pack using the stock front speakers in the rear pods.

Now ebay has listed a pod kit for $218 (auction # 130320770116) and the ultrasound kit for about (auction # 110398258049 ) are examples. MAKE SURE you are getting the 2ohm speakers 902.2AA as some of the listed auctions are the old kits for pre harmon radios.

Love it and the owner of the company is a member of the forum , Pez.

leroy

Old 08-13-2009, 07:03 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with hog tunes but eventually sold the amp but kept the pods and speakers.. I also went to a detachable tour pak and it hasnt been on the bike since february when i added the detach kit with the detachable back rest ... I have it if I need it though.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 AM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have an 09 EGC and I also want to add rear speakers. I'll be following this tread.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:43 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hog tunes is the way to go.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
SecondChance!!
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did the same thing this past winter. I found a pair of pods here on the for sale area. I have an 04 EGC and put them on myself and wired them to my stereo direct and not with my amp and 6-1/2's up front. Tuned it so the rear speakers area little louder than normal and it works great!!! When I get rid of the stock speakers I will add it in line with the amp and bang out 4 ohm instead of 2ohms.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:29 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will eventually do the same. I've checked into the hogtunes and it certainly is a good deal. What caught my eye though is Dragonfly makes pods that hold 6.5 in. speakers. $200 for the pair of Pods, no speakers. Since I have the Kenwood system, I would get the Kenwood Excelon speakers to match the rest of the system, which they sell.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

I put the Factory on mine, because I found a Great deal on Ebay for them new in Box several years ago. They worked out of the box, but had to have the computer reflashed to have the fader control work.

If I had to do it again and could not get them for what I did, I would probably go with the Hogtunes or one of the other setups, that way you don't have to flash the computer..

From what I have read here and heard, the Hogtunes and several aftermarket speakers are louder and clearer anyway.

I am in the process of looking at upgrading all 4 of mine to Hogtunes, so would have saved if I did it in the first place...

Last edited by Buzzsaw; 08-13-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 AM
gabulldog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am taking all of the Ultra stuff off of my bike, when looking at he shop manual for my bike (03) it apperars that the Ultra's have a different radio that has two (2) sets of plugs on the back of the radio, one has all of the hand controls/front speakers/etc. and the other has all of the wiring that goes to the back, which has rear volume controls/CB hook-up, ant./etc. If any of you guys can use the harness I have PM me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding rear speakers to Electra Classic