Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check valve tube

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Pog Mo Thoin
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Check valve tube

I just replaced the check valve on my 03 FLHRCI because the tube inside the gas tank developed a pin hole. It appears the the plastic tube developed the pinhole as a result of it rubbing against the inside of the gas tank.

The bike would spit and cough after I had about 100-120 miles on the tank. I replaced the fuel filter first, thinking that after 40K miles it was causing the problem. But when the problem continued I discovered the problem with the check valve.

I posted this in the event any of you are having similar problems you might want to consider checking the check valve tube. You will of course have to empty the gas tank.

Good luck.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:50 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for the update.

I think my bike was shutting down because of the check valve. How difficult was it to replace. Ive never taken my tank off. Ive done some wrenching on my car and bike as well as at work but i still consider myself a novice at the more intricate details of motorcycle repair. if it says be carefull because you might break it, i end up breaking it. Any pointers would be helpfull