Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Six Disc CD Changer

Old 08-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Six Disc CD Changer

So with all the changes we make to our scoots, what's the deal with HD not having a CD player that has a six disc changer? Or is there one that I don't know of? Anyone know of one that Harley makes or an aftermarket one that works?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:23 PM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Burn you CD with MP3's and you will have more that 6 CD's of music. The only problem I have is the "Random" setting does not seem very random the same songs come up a lot.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:36 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DLW_FLHTC
Burn you CD with MP3's and you will have more that 6 CD's of music. The only problem I have is the "Random" setting does not seem very random the same songs come up a lot.
Yup, I don't rember the number now but since 06 you can have a huge amount of songs on a cd in mp3 format.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
HDStreetGlide
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think with the advent of the Ipod/mp3 player's that can carry thousands of tunes, the multi-disc thing isn't as popular. Heck, at some point the cd itself will go the way of the 8-track.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I was kinda under the impression that the cd's were on thier way out soon. I don't have an Mp3 player or anything equivilent to it, and have no idea how it works. Maybe I'll have to invest in one soon.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by HDStreetGlide
I think with the advent of the Ipod/mp3 player's that can carry thousands of tunes, the multi-disc thing isn't as popular. Heck, at some point the cd itself will go the way of the 8-track.
Good point it's already happening with companies like Alpine offering headunits without CD players calling these units Digital Media Receivers for ipod/mp3 player usb attachment.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...odel=iDA-X100M

Old 08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
HDStreetGlide
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter68
Yeah I was kinda under the impression that the cd's were on thier way out soon. I don't have an Mp3 player or anything equivilent to it, and have no idea how it works. Maybe I'll have to invest in one soon.
I believe you have an aux input on your bike. It's as simple as plugging an 1/8" to 1/8" stereo cord from the mp3 player to your radio. Ton's of cheap handle bar mounts out there as well.

I'm not an apple employee, but in my opinion they have a very elegant solution with Itunes and their Ipod line. Transferring music from a CD to itunes is very simple and now you can carry your entire music collection with you for around $200. Good luck, and let me know if I can help.
Mark

Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

with an 8 gig ipod nano you can store over 160 cd's of music. with the 16 gig 320 cd's worth of music. the answer is clear. my vette has a 12 disc player in a lower compartment of the trunk. i use it, but my ipod has all the same music stored in it. it's so very simple to use. such an incredible amount of music that there would be no need for a multi disc like bmw had a couple of years ago in their saddlebag. see, 9 lbs of equipment taking up half of one saddlebag that holds 10 cd's, or 6 ounces that will hold 320 cd's. i am still amazed. ten years ago this was unheard of.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:06 AM
nocages4me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ipod all the way. I have a 60 gig that has over 800 cd's on it and it sits right on my bars. I take it in all my vehicles as they are all setup to play it. Hell my truck plays and controls right from the head unit and it keeps it charged. Plenty of options out there but a CD changers shouldn't be one of your choices.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:32 AM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

Honda offeres one on the GL1800 and it was a disaster from day one. cost was high and I doubt they actually sell many. A mp3/Ipod can do much more at a fraction of the weight, size and cost.

The only down side is that the user does have to invest some time in burning, ripping and loading the files.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Six Disc CD Changer