Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack liner

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 07:40 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Tour Pack liner

My tour pack liner has somewhat separated from the tour pack itself. so if you open the lid all along the very back of the bottom of the trunk where the liner is, there is anywhere from 1/4" to 1/2" gap between them. has anyone else had this, and if so what did you do to remedy the problem.
Thanks Jonnierock

Old 02-15-2022, 07:43 PM
Hoginedgewood
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,190 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
My tour pack liner has somewhat separated from the tour pack itself. so if you open the lid all along the very back of the bottom of the trunk where the liner is, there is anywhere from 1/4" to 1/2" gap between them. has anyone else had this, and if so what did you do to remedy the problem.
Thanks Jonnierock
I bought an Amazon TP 2 years ago, it's saggy from the beginning. My 06 never had a liner and I never needed a liner, maybe I'll trim it at the bottom and keep just a rug for the bottom?

Old 02-15-2022, 07:57 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,326 Likes on 10,702 Posts

A picture would be good. I am not sure exactly what you are referring to.

My trunk lid liner (with the netted pockets) I made sure was put on not just with the double-sided sticky tape which to me is of minimal help, but it is bolted on through the trunk top into the pizza rack using (and this is the key) good size washers. I take pictures if you like.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:02 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Tour pack liners are held in place with strips of Velcro hook strategically placed to the tour pack , the liner acts as the loop and sticks in place.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:21 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 985 Likes on 670 Posts

The stiff factory formed liner (feels like cardboard lined with thin felt) in my King stays in place pretty good, but the real soft one I used in my Chopped tour pack, even though its "formed" too, it will practically fall in on itself... I use the velcro hooks, like Sixguns referred to, and it works good to keep them in place. I would use it on back side of the King too if its separating back there. The stiffer factory liner pulls away from the back wall at the top sometimes because of the stuff in the pouch thats on the back wall, then after it sits awhile drooped over in the heat, it kinda wants to stay that way... the velcro hooks stuff will keep it in place. I use the same stuff on my saddle bag liners.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:13 AM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

A good quality '2-faced sticky tape' will fix the problem.
Had this issue a while ago with the top lid organizer falling away.
I believe the tape I used was a 3M product.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:29 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by journeyman
A good quality '2-faced sticky tape' will fix the problem.
Had this issue a while ago with the top lid organizer falling away.
I believe the tape I used was a 3M product.
Tape is great for a smooth surface which the tour pack liner is not. Velcro is the right tool for this job. With Velcro you can easily remove the liner for cleaning or maintenance should you ever need access to the mounting bolts and then just reinstall the liner. Velcro is also included when you purchase a genuine Harley-Davidson liner.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:34 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,749 Likes on 18,546 Posts

Originally Posted by sixguns
Tape is great for a smooth surface which the tour pack liner is not. Velcro is the right tool for this job. With Velcro you can easily remove the liner for cleaning or maintenance should you ever need access to the mounting bolts and then just reinstall the liner. Velcro is also included when you purchase a genuine Harley-Davidson liner.
Well ... The Velcro still has to stick to the liner, right??

Old 02-16-2022, 09:37 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,326 Likes on 10,702 Posts

FWIW, living in South Florida and the intense heat pounding down on top of the trunk, I found makes the tape useless.

That is the reason y I went to the bolt and washers. <-- THAt is GREAT for me. And I move it from 1 bike to the next if I di dnot mention it already above.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:42 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Well ... The Velcro still has to stick to the liner, right??
Velcro is two parts right? a hook side and a loop side... If you mean that you have to stick the loop side of the velcro to the liner, thats not the case. You only use the hook side of the Velcro attached to the tour pack, then The liner itself acts as the loop.

Quick Reply: Tour Pack liner