Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Custom Seat question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Road King Custom Seat question

Is the FLHRS basicly a street glide seat with a different cover? I want a low profile seat and i like the street glide one but low on funds.. Does the RKcustom seat have the same profile as the street glide or is it wider fatter or tall in any way?

Thank you

Old 08-25-2009, 02:57 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The two seats look nothing alike. I doubt they are the same

Old 08-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ken thompson
The two seats look nothing alike. I doubt they are the same
Realy? Never seen one in person but seening how the wheels and emblems are basicly the same between the bikes, it looked like the seat was too just with a diferent cover

Last edited by Kevin's_09FXDF; 08-25-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:30 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might be right. The issue with seat interchangability comes first in how they mount which is different for different years. The other primary consideration is where the seat meets the tank and dash. While the tanks tend to be similar dash can often get in the way or make for a weird fit.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ken thompson
You might be right. The issue with seat interchangability comes first in how they mount which is different for different years. The other primary consideration is where the seat meets the tank and dash. While the tanks tend to be similar dash can often get in the way or make for a weird fit.
hmm.. the one im looking to get on ebay is off a 2007 RK my FLHT is an '07 aswell and and as for the tank/dash issue my FLHT has the after market dash/consel from HD that goes all the way down the tankso i think that should be ok as well..

Thank you for the insite

Old 08-25-2009, 03:49 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

In the photos you show, the top one appears to have a wider, shorter and more squared off nose.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Shouldn't your question be "What cheap seats will fit my 07 FLHT"?I think you might get better answers to a more direct question....Just my perspective and .02 for what its worth. :-)

Old 08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by riteway
Shouldn't your question be "What cheap seats will fit my 07 FLHT"?I think you might get better answers to a more direct question....Just my perspective and .02 for what its worth. :-)
yea haha, but i want a seat that looks good and those this might not be the lowest profile seat i could of got i think the lines look good and well i guess anything looks better then the stock flht seat.

And its too late any way i just bit the bullet and won it on eday for $110 shipped more than i wanted to spend on a used seat but still cheaper than any other good looking seat.

BTW, that pick of your of your dogs all ways puts a smile on my face

Last edited by Kevin's_09FXDF; 08-25-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 PM
sandfan85
Advanced

The RKC seat has a bit wider bottom. When I swapped out the leather rapped saddle bags on my RKC to painted bags. I had to switch to a FLHX seat because the RKC seat rubbed the corner of the lid of the painted bag. So, to answer your ? more directly. Yes, the FLHX seat will fit your RKC. But, if you still have the leather bags there may be an additional gap between seat and saddle bag of about 3/4 inch.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:16 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the HD Leather Low profile seat. It is the sleekest seat that I could find that accepts the rider's backrest. They make them for either Road Kings or EG's....The difference it the length of the nose.

Attached Thumbnails Road King Custom Seat question-img_0572.jpg  

Quick Reply: Road King Custom Seat question