Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M 7.25 Speaker Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
UB-Einstein
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drew is the J&M amp $349.95 now as cheap as the Elf @ $200 for the same power?

Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by UB-Einstein
J&M retails their amp at: $449.95. Our forum member price has been set at: $349.95 shipped. With the J&M amp, you are paying extra for the installation brackets and a full turn-key plug and play harness. The plug and play harness is a big deal to everyone with newer bikes. Nobody really wants to cut and hack into their factory wiring. This is where the extra costs come in on the J&M amp kit.

Just thought to clarify this.

Shawn

Old 03-26-2010, 09:56 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

The price is posted right there. I'll have to look up[ the elf. i can't remember the price off hand. We have all the J&M speakers in stock ready to ship as well tweeter pods as you can see. Any day now the amps will be here. I think we have sold all of the first order but I could be wrong. Get your name in so we can get one to you immediately. Also a pic of the J&M lights in the 7.25"'s. They look a lot better in the dark, but it was the middle of the day, what could I do. And you can see the DR. V-TWIN custom iphone holder as well. [IMGhttp://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac114/drvtwinnn/ipodholder006.jpg[/URL]

Old 03-27-2010, 10:03 AM
baggerz
Advanced
Default ELF Amp

Originally Posted by UB-Einstein
I installed the Elf in my bike and I didn't have to cut any of my factory wiring. It is as simple as crimping opposite female / male connectors from stock and plugging in the factory ends to give signal to the amp, then re-route new speaker wire back to the speakers.....pretty simple.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:35 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

with all due respect to everyone on this thread, DR V-Twin is not misleading anyone, the J&M 7.25" speakers are THE best and most efficient speakers for your Harley,,,,,, WITH or WITHOUT an accessory amplifier ,,,, hands down above anything else you have heard ,,,

in addition, the new J&M 250w amp that is being released next week, will blow away the ELF amp, really not even competition ,,,,, those promoting it here are just doing so because of it's price ,,,,

and I have no problem with promoting the ELF for it’s price, just don't compare it to the new J&M amp as far as performance ,,,,,

very sorry for all of this confusion ,,,,,

Old 03-27-2010, 06:23 PM
UB-Einstein
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
with all due respect to everyone on this thread, DR V-Twin is not misleading anyone, the J&M 7.25" speakers are THE best and most efficient speakers for your Harley,,,,,, WITH or WITHOUT an accessory amplifier ,,,, hands down above anything else you have heard ,,,

in addition, the new J&M 250w amp that is being released next week, will blow away the ELF amp, really not even competition ,,,,, those promoting it here are just doing so because of it's price ,,,,

and I have no problem with promoting the ELF for it’s price, just don't compare it to the new J&M amp as far as performance ,,,,,

very sorry for all of this confusion ,,,,,

no disrespect jmjohn but your man Dr Vtwin told me that your speakers were louder than Hogtunes without an amp and it was Bumpkis and unfortunately i bought the 7.25's. Your speakers need an amp as well and for a difference of $150 i will go with the ELF....... I am an engineer at Bell Labs and i hope to borrow a meter from work to prove it.....

Old 03-28-2010, 12:07 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Einstein ,,,,,,

OK ,,,,, well, let's do it right ,,,,,,,

borrow a good db meter ,,,, set it up right where your head would be if you were sitting on your bike ,,,,,,

play the same track of CD music ((with the faring completely assembled each time)) at the exact same volume level, bass/treble settings etc, first with the Hog Tunes speakers, then with the 7.25" J&Ms ,,,, store the peak readings and the average ,,,,,

give us a photo or two of your set-up ,,,, then give us all the db readings from the meter ,,,,

we have done this same type of test at J&M many times ,,,,, but it will be interesting to see your own measurements and how you arrive at them ,,,,,

hope you have a good week ,,,,,,,

Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 AM
ottosails
Intermediate

I just installed the J&M 7.25's in my StreetGlide yesterday - no amp. Wow is all I can say. Great sound and plenty of volume for me. I blasted up the highway at 70 - 75 with my 8 inch shield and I could hear symbols, drums and individual instruments, not just muffled vocals and noise like before at those speeds. I didn't even have it turned all the way up. I am a happy customer and don't see any reason for an amp at this time for me. Install was a piece of cake - it took me just under an hour. I paid DR V-twin $219 including shipping. Great service and fast shipping. Thanks to all who have posted here as this is where I made my decision to go this way.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:46 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ottosails
I just installed the J&M 7.25's in my StreetGlide yesterday - no amp. Wow is all I can say. Great sound and plenty of volume for me. I blasted up the highway at 70 - 75 with my 8 inch shield and I could hear symbols, drums and individual instruments, not just muffled vocals and noise like before at those speeds. I didn't even have it turned all the way up. I am a happy customer and don't see any reason for an amp at this time for me. Install was a piece of cake - it took me just under an hour. I paid DR V-twin $219 including shipping. Great service and fast shipping. Thanks to all who have posted here as this is where I made my decision to go this way.
Thanks for your patronage and we are glad you like the speakers. It is good to knows that an amp is not always necessary, however if you are an audiophile it will give you far better it you can imagine that. Drew

Old 03-28-2010, 09:37 AM
rcdifalco
Intermediate
Default Ultra Question

Does the new amp work on the Ultra? Do all fader functions still work, etc.?

Quick Reply: J&M 7.25 Speaker Review