Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Floorboard Extensions...need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Alabamaslammer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Passenger Floorboard Extensions...need your opinion

I'm looking to make my wife more comfy. Anybody have passenger floorboard extensions?Where's the best place to buy? Any pictures?....thanks! in advance ...'03 Road King

Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Dooderhead
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You referring to extending them forward or out? I have the outward extensions on both the UC and Fat Boy (Soos I think?), and have the forward footboards from HD on the Fat Boy. Love em both too! No pix though, but the Soos come out approximately 3/4" and the floorboards are now forward about 1".

Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
hucks 08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put the adj pegs from kury.3 settings plus she has the floor boards . wife loves them.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
bellgnte
Road Master

I put the passenger extensions on for my wife. She said is seems to give her more room. I have an 09 so it was important to try moving her left ankle away from the heat. It didn't really help in that regard to much. It does move them out "visually" also which I could do without but she likes not being cramped up. It also puts the passenger floorboards right into your calves. This really isn't comfortable when pushing the bike forward.........so I don't push it very much.....I put it in gear when I need to go forward. No since in pushing this thing anymore than I have to. I got mine from HarleyGoodies but I think those from Soos would be about the same.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:46 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,705 Posts

kury adjustable pegs on the boards along with soos' spacer kit.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger Floorboard Extensions...need your opinion-003-2-.jpg  

Last edited by dawg; 09-08-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:46 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Originally Posted by bellgnte
I put the passenger extensions on for my wife. She said is seems to give her more room. I have an 09 so it was important to try moving her left ankle away from the heat. It didn't really help in that regard to much. It does move them out "visually" also which I could do without but she likes not being cramped up. It also puts the passenger floorboards right into your calves. This really isn't comfortable when pushing the bike forward.........so I don't push it very much.....I put it in gear when I need to go forward. No since in pushing this thing anymore than I have to. I got mine from HarleyGoodies but I think those from Soos would be about the same.
We are working on a new patented design to keep them from pushing the passenger boards into you calves. I had one customer complain about this issue and gave him a refund and paid his return shipping.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Alabamaslammer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank's for the feedback! I bought my rider extensions from Harley Goodies, so I thought it was only fair to buy the rear extensions from SOOS (bought this morning). Harley Goodies, I'll keep a eye out for your new rear extension design

Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
We are working on a new patented design to keep them from pushing the passenger boards into you calves. I had one customer complain about this issue and gave him a refund and paid his return shipping.

Got anything to move them up an inch or so. Passengers F/B. ? 2010 FLHTK

Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Alabamaslammer
Thank's for the feedback! I bought my rider extensions from Harley Goodies, so I thought it was only fair to buy the rear extensions from SOOS (bought this morning). Harley Goodies, I'll keep a eye out for your new rear extension design
Thanks for sharing the wealth. I'll be dropping your package in the mail Wednesday.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
bellgnte
Road Master

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies

Awesome.....I am sending you a PM. Thanks for letting me know this.

Quick Reply: Passenger Floorboard Extensions...need your opinion