Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's my new 2010 Road Glide Black Denim - pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 01:42 PM
DHart
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my new 2010 Road Glide Black Denim - pics

Thanks to all here who answered my many questions about the new Harleys. I just said goodbye to my great old friend (2004 Road King Custom 95ci) and made a great new friend. Got a decent deal (MSRP only with no set-up fee). And I love this paint finish! Here are some pics from yesterday. I reaaaally need pipes, A/C, and seats/backrests for this beauty! Mustang Solo with backrest and Mustang Passenger seat are on the way from Mustang. Just need to figure out the pipe thing now!

Some may not like the styling of the Road Glide but what I totally love about it is that the bike has at it's core the traditional H-D heart and soul, but with the frame mounted fairing and dual "UFO" headlights (these lights had an AMAZING high-beam illumination on the dark country roads last night!), it's got a very progressive modern look to it. Sort of a mix of a little bit of old school re-set for the future. I totally love it. Progressive looking tradition!

Initial observations. The new Harleys, with their new chassis, Brembo ABS brakes, 96 ci engine and six speed tranny are really leaps and bounds above my older bike, which I loved dearly for 30,000 wonderful miles! The new ride is fantastic. There were some strong winds crossing the bridge over the Columbia River yesterday and with the frame mounted fairing, my front wheel/bars didn't waver in the least. I think the frame mounted fairing is a fantastic design. The steering feel is amazingly light and nimble in all conditions. I'm really glad I went with this exact bike, this year. Somehow this bike really "glides" more than my Road King did and handles exceptionally well.

I thought very seriously about a '10 Road King, but for some reason, even with the new chassis, the Road Kings feel a little cramped-in to me, at a little over 6' in height. The Road Glide feels much "roomier", somehow, for a 6 footer. The Street Glide and Electra Glide Classic (smartest move, price wise!) had some very strong appeal as well, but the Road Glide won me over with it's slightly more "purpose built" progressive design and the beautiful sweeping lines that just flow perfectly from front to rear.

Last edited by DHart; 09-29-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Dombow77
Tourer

Sweet looking ride, love the flat paint, no waxing for you. Enjoy the new ride.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, very nice ride. Great pics. I love the denim black!!

Old 09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior

how is the wind with the new fairing and small windshield?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:11 PM
DHart
Tourer

There's a little turbulence, but I wear a full face helmet and it's not really bothersome. I may try some taller windshields to see what they do, but for the most part, I'm comfortable with it. Much LESS vibratory turbulence than I got from the standard windshield on my Road King.

The strong winds along the Columbia River yesterday had virtually no influence on my front wheel/bars due to the frame mounted fairing.

The fairing is taking a little time to get used to since I've never had one before and I'm not used to not seeing the front wheel. But at a bit over 300 miles on the bike now, it's something I'm getting much more acclimated to now.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:15 PM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Wow...it's Darth Fugly! Sorry...just kidding...looks awesome with the denim paint. Hope it brings as many good miles as your old bike. Ride safe!

Old 09-27-2009, 02:21 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Beautiful bike! That's what I'm hoping for in the next year....

Old 09-27-2009, 02:24 PM
newdep332
Tourer

Never really cared for the RG before but this bike looks great!

Congrats!!!!

Last edited by newdep332; 09-27-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:26 PM
JimmySGC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. I had my eye on one of those, but I went with the Fat Boy instead. Very sharp though.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:02 PM
wattspd
Cruiser

The bike looks really sweet bro.

Quick Reply: Here's my new 2010 Road Glide Black Denim - pics