Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rider's Claw Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 AM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Do either of these mounts accept an iPhone in a case?

Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM
milleda31
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

From the Riders Claw FAQ page.

Q: Will this work with the iPod rubber case or any other material case?
A: No. Every Rider's Claw is precision machined to fit the dimensional specifications of the various iPod products without any case or cover.

From the Michael's Stainless Innovations page.

Michaels Stainless Innovations
We can do some custom dimension holders separate from the holders. you see listed on our site. If you have a device that is not listed, or you may choose to keep the cover on, then please feel free with no obligation to tell us your measurements and we will let you know if we can make a custom holder for you. Just fill out the form below please be as accurate as possible with the dimensions this will ensure a good fit.

Last edited by milleda31; 12-20-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by *007Nightster*
I have a black version made for the Nano. I LOVE this thing!!! It is by far the best accessory I've got. Definitely worth the money because of it's high quality material!!!!!

Ditto! I picked black also. I use it every time I ride.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:27 PM
kneichko
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the riders claw mounted on clutch side of street glide? How did you run your wire?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 PM
PassRusher75
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are nice, but like others mentioned, I went with the Ram "X" mount that fits any phone. I traded up phones this year to a large screen Android - and it fits it just fine too. Universal, very secure and you can reach any controls or plugs on top, bottom, or sides. Even in a case...

Old 07-06-2012, 02:11 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The RAM mount is indeed functional and will fit different size products. However, it is cheaply made and it looks like something I threw together from a box of spare parts.

As always, you get what you pay for.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Shlim1
Novice

I see no pics supporting the RAM to be the "better" choice in construction, so for now, it may only be the "cheaper" choice!!

As far as left side mount, I ran my cable down the bar on the back side, then into the left end of the switch cover and came out the cover right by the radio aux input location. You may need to loosen or remove the two switch cover mounting screws temporarily.

Rob in Chicago

Old 07-07-2012, 11:18 AM
PhoneGuy-MI
Tourer

x2 - you can say that again. I have the Riders Claw for my iPod Nano and it is a quality made product (installed on clutch side)- I just purchased and installed the RAM mount for a Garmin GPS, yes it does look like a bunch of spare parts with a longer then necessary arm, but it is effective for the $35 price range. The good thing is I only plan on using the RAM mount when I want to use my GPS - and I use the Riders Claw everyday and love it.

Originally Posted by Shlim1
I see no pics supporting the RAM to be the "better" choice in construction, so for now, it may only be the "cheaper" choice!!

As far as left side mount, I ran my cable down the bar on the back side, then into the left end of the switch cover and came out the cover right by the radio aux input location. You may need to loosen or remove the two switch cover mounting screws temporarily.

Rob in Chicago