Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Royal Purple User Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 06:34 PM
onionfmr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Royal Purple Users Questions?

Not trying to start and/or rehash an oil thread, just looking for some feedback from other Royal Purple users. Bike is a ’07 Ultra with 103 Stage II, 255 cams, and IDS. Bike has been dyno tuned using a SERT. Over 11,000 miles on the build. I’ve run HD Syn 3, Mobile 1, Amsoil, and now Royal Purple Max Cycle. All 20w50 weight. Amsoil was the best, so far, until I tried the Royal Purple. Here’s what I’m observing after an oil change with Royal Purple; picked up 5 to 7 PSI oil pressure when cruising @2800 RPMs temperature consistent for my test @ 55 degrees F (engine oil levels the same), engine seems to start easier/quicker and it appears engine performance has improved slightly (running on flat, level ground used to be approximately 2,750 RPMs @ 30 MPH in second gear, now approximately 2,600 RPMs in second gear for 30 MPH. Any other Royal Purple users experience this?

Last edited by onionfmr; 11-11-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:32 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by onionfmr
it appears engine performance has improved slightly (running on flat, level ground used to be approximately 2,750 RPMs @ 30 MPH in second gear, now approximately 2,600 RPMs in second gear for 30 MPH. Any other Royal Purple users experience this?
First time I ever heard of a brand of oil that can change gear ratios. If I were a skeptic I would post
OK I confess, I'm a skeptic

Old 11-11-2009, 08:25 PM
tenn.vol.
Supporter
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This is the second time for me as my first time was on an RV web site a couple of
years ago. Make the engine run smoother, started easier, ran cooler and lasted
longer ........Well that was how HE saw it anyway. He didnt have to convince me
as I have use the Synthetic stuff for years say 25. And just yesteday picked up
my first BLURPE SYN for the tranny in the 97 RK. They are proud of dat stuff.
Tenn.Vol.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

...Any other Royal Purple users experience this?
I've been using RP for a couple of years but don't remember those kinds of numbers.

FWIW, the regular automotive RP is considerably less then the MaxCycle and works just fine in the engine. I've use to use the MaxCycle in the primary but changed to either ATF or 10w50 Spectro some time ago and got better results.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:06 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Clutch slipping?

No motor oil in the world can affect the gear ratio between the engine and transmission. The only way it could have happened the way you say is if your clutch was slipping before your changed the oil.
Gears is gears!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Did we perhaps get a new back tire, too? I can't say eactly why, but I didn't like the Royal Purple in my bike. Back to Amsoil for me.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:43 PM
surfcitybum
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never have used Royal Purple but I cannot see myself using anything else other than Amsoil

Old 11-12-2009, 01:17 AM
onionfmr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peddler
First time I ever heard of a brand of oil that can change gear ratios. If I were a skeptic I would post
OK I confess, I'm a skeptic
Take a look at my other posts over the years if you think that I'm new to this site and trolling. I'm not a big fan of additives, magic snake oil, etc.. , just making an observation after an oil change. Engine seemed to rev a lot smoother/easier. Last year, when I switched from Syn 3 to Mobil 1, engine seemed to run smoother on Mobil 1!

As a note, I didn't notice any RPM change other than 2nd gear. Engine just seemed to rev smoother in all gears.

NO new rear tire, just changed engine oil and filter.

Also, I don't have any connection with Royal Purple. The last couple of years I've been a regular user of Amsoil and Mobil 1. Just thought that I would give the RP a try.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:47 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to use RP in my street rod, but no way in hell am I going to pay 14 bux a quart for oil. I don't care what color it is. Mobil 1 15-50 works just fine and only 21 bux for 5quart jug at wally world.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:18 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Take a look at my other posts over the years if you think that I'm new to this site and trolling.
I knew that troll label wasn't going to stick.

Why you ask? Because only the best kind of people come from Upstate New York.

Did I mention I am originally from Auburn??

Quick Reply: Royal Purple User Questions?