Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Cam Testing results Video Dyno Charts

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:00 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts
Default Fuel Moto Cam Testing results Video Dyno Charts

As some of you know I have been working on offering cams alongside our Power Packages for the 96" bikes for those who are looking to take the next step in performance. Over the past year I have been studying cam profiles and lobe centers as well as analyzing dyno charts from many of the bikes/builds and combinations we have tuned. We wanted to offer drop in cams with good power gains and most importantly we needed a cam that will complement our components. We have tuned 100's of mismatched combinations that made low or poor numbers and knew we could put together a package and improve on what we typically see. I talked with Bob Woods on several occasions and his straight forward and honest approach to business is a very good fit with ours and most importantly his knowlege of cams is second to none. We talked specifically about a cam for what we were looking for and we both agreed the TW6-6 should be a great fit, especially because our Jackpot mufflers and 2/1/2 headpipe are developed primarily for bottom end torque yet we still wanted a good Hp increase so we got a set to test. We swapped the cams, I loaded a PC-V map for a similar setup that we tuned and took the bike for a 15 minute ride with the PC-V/Auto Tune enabled. I could immediately feel the difference in performance, bottom end torque was smooth and signifigantly increased and the throttle response is much better with greatly increased overall power. Idle has a bit of a loap and sounds more agressive. The cams and valvetrain are as quiet as stock, overall the bike ran very well with our PC-V base map and Auto Tune. Got back to the shop and plugged into a laptop to view the fuel trims and was impressed that the Auto Tune had made changes to the base map almost identical to what I was expecting. The Auto Tune is one of the single most powerful tuning tools available and really works well. Put it up on the dyno and spent a few hours datalogging and tuning the fuel and igntion timing tables and the final numbers were 93Hp/103Tq. The torque is very strong from 2000 RPM's especially in the 3K RPM range. This testing was done on a 09 Touring models and the combination consists of Woods TW6-6 cams, Jackpot Dyno Tuned mufflers, Jackpot 2/1/2 headpipe, Fuel Moto Stage 1 air cleaner, and Dynojet PC-V (Auto Tune optional) Came in the next day, got the bike up to operating temp made some runs and laid down the same numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oai8aF6iTw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SPs6-pPhqE

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 11-19-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice curve! Better numbers then my 103 build

Old 11-19-2009, 12:41 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Impressive and I agree, no one knows Cams better than Bob Wood.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:44 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Good work Jamie. Could you make the videos public? I'd like to hear the exhaust sounds but youtube says they are private.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:48 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

very nice numbers

Old 11-19-2009, 12:59 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by matrix5
Good work Jamie. Could you make the videos public? I'd like to hear the exhaust sounds but youtube says they are private.
These videos are now live

Old 11-19-2009, 01:05 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be VERY interested to see what those cams would do with my own set-up. If/when do you plan on starting to handle the cam end of things Jamie? The minute you do, I'd be in a hurry to take the couple hour ride North to have you install them for me and then dyno tune it for me and then program my PCV. Any ideas of ballpark expense for this?

Old 11-19-2009, 01:22 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
Very nice curve! Better numbers then my 103 build
my guess would be ya can always put the cams in your 103 and hopefully add a lil better numbers to the 96 that Jamie used???

Old 11-19-2009, 01:29 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woods does it again!

Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I'd be VERY interested to see what those cams would do with my own set-up. If/when do you plan on starting to handle the cam end of things Jamie? The minute you do, I'd be in a hurry to take the couple hour ride North to have you install them for me and then dyno tune it for me and then program my PCV. Any ideas of ballpark expense for this?
I would expect very good results on your combination with these cams as well. We do sell and install these cams and can put together a cam, install and dyno package no problem. Just give us a call.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Cam Testing results Video Dyno Charts