Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Without Crash Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Flashman 22
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King Without Crash Bars

Anybody have any pics of a rk without the crash bar on.

Thanks

Old 12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 790 Likes on 601 Posts

I understand your question but you may wish to reconsider removal of crash/engine bar.
The crash bar provides a lot of protection for the bike and yourself in most cases in a small tip over.
**have you considered using a photoshop type program and erasing the bar on a picture of your bike?

Old 12-08-2009, 05:57 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its 3 bolts. Take 5 mins out of your day, rip it off and have a look.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Fitter64
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks great without it.But..... After all my choppers and cruisers, this RKC is my first bagger. The extra 400 lbs. is alot different when walking it around. I had mine off and this year in D.C. for Rolling Thunder was slowly walking it around (fully loaded with gear and Girl) when I hit a small uneven spot in the brick laid ground we were on and over it started to go. Luckily someone grabbed as I frantically tried to upright it from beyond 45 degrees. My girl jumped off and the side saddlebag just kissed the ground, up it went though. NO Damage. After installing my new paint in spring I S--- my pants. Well when I got home after a great Memorial Day Weekend, that crash bar went back on sooo fast. I now prefer that piece of mind over the looks..Chaulk 1 up for lesson learned. Just my experience.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 PM
2000FiveOh
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zbone
It looks great without it.But..... After all my choppers and cruisers, this RKC is my first bagger. The extra 400 lbs. is alot different when walking it around. I had mine off and this year in D.C. for Rolling Thunder was slowly walking it around (fully loaded with gear and Girl) when I hit a small uneven spot in the brick laid ground we were on and over it started to go. Luckily someone grabbed as I frantically tried to upright it from beyond 45 degrees. My girl jumped off and the side saddlebag just kissed the ground, up it went though. NO Damage. After installing my new paint in spring I S--- my pants. Well when I got home after a great Memorial Day Weekend, that crash bar went back on sooo fast. I now prefer that piece of mind over the looks..Chaulk 1 up for lesson learned. Just my experience.
I'm with you...tip it over one time and it's easy to see how fast it goes back on.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
surfcitybum
Road Captain

I think it looks better with the engine guard on it. Also, after 27 years of riding and never having dropped a bike (street), I dropped my RKC in my driveway and sure as heck, it landed on the pegs that were attached to the engine guard. I'll never leave home without one. Simple peace of mind.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain

Here ya go. And check out my Photo Album in my profile for more.

Last edited by mjsawatzky; 12-08-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Add Picture
Old 12-08-2009, 07:48 PM
StreetKing
Tourer

I took the bag bars off and put the Streetglide bar on and a set of mustach bars on the front. Clean her up pretty good.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

+1 on leaving the engine bars on... looks clean without them, but it sure provides a lot of protection if something does sneak up on ya.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Flashman 22
Advanced

Thank you very much for the advise and experience from all of you, well appreciated and I think ON is the word.

Quick Reply: Road King Without Crash Bars