Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Fairing, Anybody Bought These?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:55 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lower Fairing, Anybody Bought These?

Looking for some feedback on these painted lowers with glove boxes and vents. Anybody with some real experience with them? Good or bad...just want some accurate info prior to potential purchase.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...Q5fAccessories

Old 12-13-2009, 10:02 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check the classifieds, a nice used set just went up for a good price!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:04 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Will do, thanks. I PM'd for pix, but they've been cut, and require paint. I'll check em out. Might work, but I'm still looking for some real world feedback on the original post. Thanks.

Last edited by bigskyhd; 12-13-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
Looking for some feedback on these painted lowers with glove boxes and vents. Anybody with some real experience with them? Good or bad...just want some accurate info prior to potential purchase.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-H...Q5fAccessories

bigskyhd,

I to was unsure about the quality of these lowers but decided with the positive feedback from the previous ebay buyers that I would try a set as I had never ridden a bike with lowers before and was unsure if I wanted to keep them. Overall they are a great product and I really like them, my neighbor who has an 08 ultra and rode my bike after my fuelmoto stage one install and did not even notice a difference from his lowers. I had responded to a previous thread about this and posted some pictures of my bike in my garage because it had been raining out the link is:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ers-or-hd.html

The paint may not be quite as good as the HD lowers but the glove boxes and vents work really well. The covers on the glove boxes instead of the metal snaps have these plastic snaps that just expand so overtime not sure about the covers but for now work well. The paint did have some marks in it when I first opened the box but once installed it mostly all waxed out and they look really good overall. The only other thing is the glove box shell that goes into the lower shell is a tan color just on the outer edge which you can see in the ebay pictures and stands out a little more than the HD lower being black but by no means a deal breaker. If you have a vivid black bike and do not have the extra expense of painting them they are a more resonably priced option. Again overall quality of lower shell and glovebox vent assembly I would say a 9.5 rating out of 10 and paint 9.0 out of 10 compared to the HD product. I would buy them again. I recieved mine within two weeks of purchase and if you look at the feedback it looks like about the lowest offer he will take is about $279 plus shipping. I got mine for $299 delivered. I know people say you get what you pay for and that these Chinese knock offs but if you look and the HD accessories catalog it looks like the majority is made in China now. Not saying its right but it is a fact. Feel confident that they are a good product at a fair price. PM me for anymore information if you would like

Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a set of factor lowers for my Streetglide, and ended up selling them. No complaints other than the look. I didn't want my bike to look like an Ultra, or Classic. They did block SOME wind, but that was about it. No complaints, just not for me.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Scubamike
bigskyhd,

I to was unsure about the quality of these lowers but decided with the positive feedback from the previous ebay buyers that I would try a set as I had never ridden a bike with lowers before and was unsure if I wanted to keep them. Overall they are a great product and I really like them, my neighbor who has an 08 ultra and rode my bike after my fuelmoto stage one install and did not even notice a difference from his lowers. I had responded to a previous thread about this and posted some pictures of my bike in my garage because it had been raining out the link is:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ers-or-hd.html

The paint may not be quite as good as the HD lowers but the glove boxes and vents work really well. The covers on the glove boxes instead of the metal snaps have these plastic snaps that just expand so overtime not sure about the covers but for now work well. The paint did have some marks in it when I first opened the box but once installed it mostly all waxed out and they look really good overall. The only other thing is the glove box shell that goes into the lower shell is a tan color just on the outer edge which you can see in the ebay pictures and stands out a little more than the HD lower being black but by no means a deal breaker. If you have a vivid black bike and do not have the extra expense of painting them they are a more resonably priced option. Again overall quality of lower shell and glovebox vent assembly I would say a 9.5 rating out of 10 and paint 9.0 out of 10 compared to the HD product. I would buy them again. I recieved mine within two weeks of purchase and if you look at the feedback it looks like about the lowest offer he will take is about $279 plus shipping. I got mine for $299 delivered. I know people say you get what you pay for and that these Chinese knock offs but if you look and the HD accessories catalog it looks like the majority is made in China now. Not saying its right but it is a fact. Feel confident that they are a good product at a fair price. PM me for anymore information if you would like
Mike,
Thanks for the feedback, that was exactly what I was looking for. Someone that had actually purchased them and gone through the process of installing. Also appreciate the link to the other thread. Good poop. I'm thinking that after Christmas, I might just go that route. No big rush now, as I'm up to my knees in snow. Thanks again....

Old 12-14-2009, 02:12 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up Those look great!

Those look just like factory. Mikes pics are great. I wouldn't care if they were made in a church basement by handicapped Mexicans in Mongolia. I'd buy them regardless if they met my needs. Vivid black is cheap and easy to paint too. Git um!!!

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 12-14-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
TheDon81
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at those, are the glove boxes of the knock offs plastic where the HD are vinyl/leather wrapped?

Old 12-14-2009, 02:39 PM
billydely
6th Gear

Has anyone compared the hard lowers on e-bay with the leather f vinyl ones that attach to the crash bar? I was looking to get some for my road king.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM
zagles
Intermediate

I have installed them on my 09 FLHX, they are great no complaints easy to install, look good, and are alot cheaper OEM.

Quick Reply: Lower Fairing, Anybody Bought These?