Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GPS from Harley

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:34 AM
SCBGR
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New GPS from Harley

I was going to purchase the new GPS from Harley, but after talking to Garmin i found out the Garmin Quest is the same unit minus the harley dealer info. After looking at the price of Harley's $799 less the 10% the dealer gives you and the standard Quest from Garmin around $450. I have decided to buy the Garmin and use the Harley mounting Kit. Has anyone installed the mounting bracket?? I pick mine up tomorrow.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New GPS from Harley

Ive never seen one on a HD, but I think thats interesting. Post some pics when done.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow, sounds really cool. However the last thing I need is another way for my wife to track me down.
[:@]

Terry

Old 05-23-2005, 02:59 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior

Keep us posted. Is there a way to make it portable so that you can also use it in your cage? Art

Old 05-23-2005, 03:08 PM
SCBGR
Cruiser

Yes it can be transfered to your car on a aseperate mounting bracket or carried to use while walking. Terry no worries she cant find you but you can find you way home if you are lost.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:34 PM
wild1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to see it mounted and how well it all works when you have it on. I saw it the other day and was thinking of doing the same. I have a garmin 12 but couldnt find a decent way to mount it on the Harley. Had it set up well on my old Kawasaki.

Old 05-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Meinbmw
Intermediate

BMW has done this gig for a long time ... taken a Garmin GPS, put their logo on it and inflated the price. Garmin is some good stuff ... used one for years.

Do you have a link to a website that shows the Harley unit and it's mounting bracket?

I've used GPS for 4-5 years on the BMW I used to ride - kind of miss it. Really interesting riding and looking at the GPS and thinking "where does that road go?" Good to know it has become available for the Harley crowd.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
wild1
Cruiser

If you go to the main harley site and click on new parts for touring bikes it will be there.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 AM
SCBGR
Cruiser

I pick the bracket up from the dealer today and the GPS will be here tomorrow. By the way the dealer wanted to charge me 3 hours labor to put the bracket on ($195.00) hell the bracket is only $48.00. We have a day trip up to the mountains (Westeren NC) this weekend and ill let you know how it works. If its anything like the one in our suv ill be happy. Ill post pics on the installation Fri. I have never taken the inside of the fairing off so that might be the biggest challenge. Any info on that would be helpful......

Old 05-24-2005, 09:24 PM
wild1
Cruiser

I would think that you only have to take off the windshield and outer fairing. It is pretty simple. 7 screws I believe.

Quick Reply: New GPS from Harley