Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for dealer who will sell Harley SPX Kent-Moore tools to the public

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:43 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Looking for dealer who will sell Harley SPX Kent-Moore tools to the public

Got off phone with Kent-Moore today. The lady was nice about it, but informed me they have an agreement with HD not to sell certain special tools to the public......She suggest I try other HD dealers because they will sell them to the public but they keep it low profile.

So if any of you here know of an HD dealer that will sell Kent-Moore SPX tools, please PM me with their name/location.

I already tried local, plus one of the famous HD discounters. The discounter told me if i walked in off the street he would sell them to me, but not over the phone or online.

I got 50K worth of HD scooters out in the shop and a closet full of HD motor clothes, and probably 10K in Genuine parts and accessories, but they don't want to sell me the tools to install them?

Edited to correct spelling

Last edited by oinker02; 12-21-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oinker02
Got off phone with Kent-Moore today. The lady was nice about it, but informed me they have an agreement with HD not to sell certain special tools to the public......She suggest I try other dealers because they will sell them to the public but they keep it low profile.

So if any of you here know of a dealer that will sell Kent-Moore SPX tools, please PM me with their name/location.

I already tried local, plus one of the famous discounters. The discounter told me if i walked in off the street he would sell them to me, but not over the phone or online.

I got 50K worth of HD scooters out in the shop and a closet full of HD motor clothes, and probably 10K in Genuine parts and accessories, but they don't want to sell me the tools to install them?
Did you try GeorgesGarage.com?

Old 12-21-2009, 08:56 PM
oinker02
Banned

Originally Posted by FastBagger07
Did you try GeorgesGarage.com?
Yeah, and Jim's also...They simply don't make/sell some of the tools I'm after....You can believe I've smoked my modem searching all possible sources.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:03 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

http://getmetools.com/mctools.html

Check above site....

Old 12-21-2009, 09:10 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is it you're looking to buy?

Old 12-21-2009, 09:19 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

double post

Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 PM
oinker02
Banned

Originally Posted by stafford
What is it you're looking to buy?
I'd rather keep that private. If you are in the position to do so yourself, or know an HD dealer who does sell Kent-Moore SPX tools, please PM me.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Zanottis will order 'em for you. I've bought two Kent-Moore special tools from them.

Give 'em a call or go to their website: http://www.zanottimotor.com/

I, like you, got real pissed one day when a dealer told me that they could not sell special tools. Bullchit; every engine manufacturer that KM makes tools for can be bought from them direct or through the manufacturers--like GM, Cummins, Detroit, Deere, etc...

Last edited by Night Crawler; 12-21-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:46 PM
oinker02
Banned

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
Zanottis will order 'em for you. I've bought two Kent-Moore special tools from them.

Give 'em a call or go to their website: http://www.zanottimotor.com/

I, like you, got real pissed one day when a dealer told me that they could not sell special tools. Bullchit; every engine manufacturer that KM makes tools for can be bought from them direct or through the manufacturers--like GM, Cummins, Detroit, Deere, etc...
Zannoti's was the first I called. If they sold them in the past, they've stopped now...I could tell the lady at KM wanted to sell me the tool, but was prohibited by their agreement with HD.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:33 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What freakin' tool is Top Secret?

Ludicrous!

The following 2 users liked this post by BadPiggy:
booze hound (07-30-2020), m1369x (07-31-2020)

Quick Reply: Looking for dealer who will sell Harley SPX Kent-Moore tools to the public