Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Review with pictures: Milwaukee Bagger Two-Up Detachable Tour Pak Rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:53 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Great news. I was bummed when they stopped making the old one. I had no idea they were coming out with a new one. I picked up my TP last year and have only mounted it a couple times using the hard stock mount. One more thing to add to the list.
Jeff

Old 02-25-2010, 03:49 PM
DWhite
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone purchased one of these other than the OP? Wondering if it is still holding up and if it is as decent as the Harley one?

Anyone ask for the 20% off?

Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What 20% off?

Old 02-25-2010, 04:00 PM
DWhite
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
One of you prospective buyers of this MB rack should call Nick and see if he'll provide a 20% discount from list price for HDF members buying this rack in the next 30-60 days. He did that for us back in March '09 when some of us (me included) purchased the earlier version of the two-up detachable tour pak rack. I haven't talked to him about repeating the discount with the new rack so I have no idea what he'll say about it.

Carl
The one Carl suggested asking for since Nick did this about the same time last year for forum members.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
Carl watch those front bushing for wear, they're the weakest of the factory bushing's and looks like they'll catch the lions share of abuse with the tour pack behind the rear bushing the way it is.

That is a really good looking setup Carl, it looks like that paint is plugged into something it Glows ...good job and write up!
Bobby, bought your bushings and will be installing them tomorrow or over the week-end.

Originally Posted by DWhite
Has anyone purchased one of these other than the OP? Wondering if it is still holding up and if it is as decent as the Harley one?

Anyone ask for the 20% off?
As for "holding up," I've only had it on the bike a couple of months and the riding weather in metro Atlanta has been mostly lousy, but I've managed a half dozen or so 60-100 mile rides and it's held up fine. Fit and finish is the equivalent of HD's two-up (which I had and sold after a few years) and solo (which I've had for four years and continue to use with an aftermarket tour pak) detachable tour pak racks.

As for the 20% off deal, last year I picked-up the phone, spoke to Nick, asked for the 20% off, and he agreed to it--I also placed my order at the same time. Absolutely no reason one of you who are interested in the product can't do the same. Whether he'll say "yes" is another thing entirely.

Carl

Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have one on my RG now, also used gilbos bushings in place of the stock ones. I have not had a chance to put any miles on it as there is still snow on the ground and it's only 26 deg out. The fit and finish is great. I did not try to fit it with the stock bushings, only with gilbos's. It was/is a tight fit, even if I didn't opt for the locking mount, any potential thief would have a hard time getting it off in a hurry.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
00rg
Intermediate

Im in the process of adding stretched bags and fender to my 00 roadglide and am interested in this setup from milwakee as well. My question is why couldnt you use the newer style detachable tour pack mount instead of the 300 dollar milwakee mount and just use milwakee's 50 dollar bushing relocation kit? The bushing kit is so that you can use a stock backrest with theyre or someone elses extended fenders after you bend out the factory backrest bracket a little wider to fit over. The reason I ask is because you can get the newer style (without the rear hoops) tour pack mount for around 100-150 on ebay. Below is the pic of the newer style tour pac mount for the 97-08 baggers.

Attached Thumbnails Quick Review with pictures:  Milwaukee Bagger Two-Up Detachable Tour Pak Rack-tour-pac-mount-97-08.jpg  

Last edited by 00rg; 03-04-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 00rg
Im in the process of adding stretched bags and fender to my 00 roadglide and am interested in this setup from milwakee as well. My question is why couldnt you use the newer style detachable tour pack mount instead of the 300 dollar milwakee mount and just use milwakee's 50 dollar bushing relocation kit? Because the bushings don't change the mounting points for the detachable rack; either MB's or HD's two-up detachable rack. The bushing kit is so that you can use a stock backrest with theyre or someone elses extended fenders after you bend out the factory backrest bracket a little wider to fit over. (I don't know anything about using detachable tour pak racks with extended fenders; ask MB or HD about that.) The reason I ask is because you can get the newer style (without the rear hoops--the rear hoops come in HD's two-up mounting hardware kit, NOT the detach rack kit) tour pack mount for around 100-150 on ebay. Below is the pic of the newer style tour pac mount for the 97-08 baggers.
If you use the HD two-up detachable tour pak rack pictured in your post, you will need the hoops (from HD's mounting hardware kit) to install the rack on the bike. The bushings sold by gilbos440rt will replace the bushings on the hoops, but you will still need to install the hoops for the tour pak rack to mount on the bike.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Old 03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in the process of making a TP rack that mounted on the sissy bar docking points when someone told me that MIL/Bag was making these. I stopped making mine instantly and was ready to order one even if the price is a little over the top. I figured, F IT, I won't have to make anything and it will come painted or chromed. Well after emailing MIL/BAG with a question I changed my mind.......... He answered the question but then when I asked another he stopped responding to me. Days went by and I decided F IT, I emailed him again from my iphone which is a different email address than my computer and sure enough he responds right back. I figured it all out and was ready to purchase but I had one last question (I seen em on here at a discount for HDF members) I emailed him about the discount and go figure there is no reply even after 4 days.

So I learned next time I need something from MIL/BAG it's one email and thats it, apparently anything more than that is too much of a hassle for nick. Don't matter I probably won't do business with him anyway, Far too pricey. On a side note I got my TP rack today from the sheet metal shop next door to my machine shop and it functions just like MIL/BAG but it didn't cost me a dime. If I had to pay for materials then it would have been probably 20 bucks. 300 bucks for a piece of sheet metal......... COME ON!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:12 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

As always, excellent write-up Carl. I can't believe I missed this one. Got me to thinkin now.......

Quick Reply: Quick Review with pictures: Milwaukee Bagger Two-Up Detachable Tour Pak Rack