Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glide Pro Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Glide Pro Bushings?

I've got the progressive suspension rear link to reduce the rear wobble. Only downside, is the increase in engine vibration. I used the velva ride front mount to bring vibration back down to a reasonable level. Does anyone have experience with the Glide Pro Bushing system? If so, how does it compare from a handling and vibration standpoint?
Thanks,
Mark

Old 01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,964 Likes on 1,715 Posts

The Glide Pro motor mount is top notch. I'm going with that mount when mine gives out. I would imagine the bushing system is also very good. It's kind of similar to the Sta-bo setup as well.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
The Glide Pro motor mount is top notch. I'm going with that mount when mine gives out. I would imagine the bushing system is also very good. It's kind of similar to the Sta-bo setup as well.
Thanks Dawg,
The velva ride front engine mount is urathane also with a thick cut plate. I imagine it's similar to the Glide Pro mount. I'm really curious about the vibration difference with the rear bushing setup. I've heard the Sta-bo setup is pretty bad as far as vibration is concerned. As it is, I'm on my second set of front fairing brackets and my second Harmon Kardon deck unit (under warranty thank goodness). My next move, after I save more lunch money is to start working on the front fork. I'm damn curious about the progressive suspension cartridges and how well they work.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:37 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,964 Likes on 1,715 Posts

For suspension and forks, consider sending Howard (Fastharley here on the forum) a message. He runs Motorcycle Metal and has some good setups and advice.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Glide Pro installed on my trike. Coming from the stock motor mount and rear swing arm bushing I did notice a slight increase in the vibration but the frame roll in the back was much improved

+1 on checking with Howard @ Motorcycle Metal, he knows his stuff especially on suspensions

Last edited by FLTR2008TRIKE; 01-03-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

I hope we do not restart The Great Stabilizer Debate.................
I have a TWR unit, and there was just a slight increase in vibration. Could yours have been installed incorrectly? Some report some vibration with Glide Pro/Sta Bo bushings, but a lot of vibration when combining bushings AND stabilizers. Has anyone been happy using both?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:45 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Glide-Pro Front motor mount that i will install in the spring before riding season hits, the fit and finish from what i hear is amazing, and the part itself looks well made.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:47 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

I have the Sta-Bo on my 2008 and have no excess vibration. Works like a charm.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed a Glide-Pro front motor mount about a month ago and removed the Velva Ride. The Glide is much smoother running than the Velva. I did have to experiment with the Bolt/Nut/Torque a little. The Glide is about as close to the 79b mount as you can get, but the quality is much better than the HD mounts.

I will be doing the G-Pro swing arm set up as my next major project, before I try any stabilizer system.

Also, Jake was a great help on the phone. Nice guy.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:31 PM
jtourche
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
I hope we do not restart The Great Stabilizer Debate.................
I have a TWR unit, and there was just a slight increase in vibration. Could yours have been installed incorrectly? Some report some vibration with Glide Pro/Sta Bo bushings, but a lot of vibration when combining bushings AND stabilizers. Has anyone been happy using both?
I'm using the RideStr8 and love it, it made a huge difference over stock. However, I still get a slight wobble in hard twisties so I'm getting ready to install the new Sta-Bo II (blue urethane) swing-arm bushings to run both. I will report my findings once oldman winter lets up here in MI.

Quick Reply: Glide Pro Bushings?