Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Mine comes out under the side cover right by the saddlebag support rail.
Take it out which ever side (left or right) that is next to your electric outlet in your garage.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mine on the left side.It comes out between the solo seat & frame rail. I have it tie wrapped to the top of the saddlebag guard.
I use it for the battery tender and my heated gear.

Attached Thumbnails Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?-battery-tender-cable-1.jpg   Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?-battery-tender-cable-2.jpg   Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?-battery-tender-cable-3.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apex Rider
I have mine on the left side.It comes out between the solo seat & frame rail. I have it tie wrapped to the top of the saddlebag guard.
I use it for the battery tender and my heated gear.
Same here. The seat mostly hides it.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Scarz
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I wish I could post a picture of mine, but my digital camera took a dive last week. I can tell you mine was installed by the dealer when I picked up the bike new.
The connector is clipped to the frame on the right side just above the oil dipstick. Its easy to get to unless you've installed some RJS Originals Inc. V-Twin Heat Deflectors like I have. Hope this helps.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:41 PM
goose136
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default battery tender

run my plug down by starter wire and used zip tie to hold it in place

Old 01-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by karz10
Got an 03 RKC, and a battery tender w/ the quick disconnect wire. Thanks.

Did you check to see if the dealer already installed it ? Both of mine came from the dealer with it. I've talked with other owners and a lot of dealers put the wiring on when they do the initial set up.

Christian

Old 01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
stroker23
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Battery Tender also makes a 12 and a (20?) foot extension/patch cord. This just about gives you limitless options. Just cut to fit, solder connections and shrink wrap everything back together. Works very well on sidecars and trikes.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:16 PM
nocarb
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by karz10
Got an 03 RKC, and a battery tender w/ the quick disconnect wire. I searched a lot of battery tender threads, but haven't seen any good discussion or pics on where people put their wires.

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to quickly access the plug that goes to the battery, without having to remove the seat and all that. The wire that came w/ the battery tender isn't very long, like I couldn't run it under the tank up to the front for example, or into the saddlebag or something, w/out modifying it.

I was trying to think of a place not too far from the battery I could tie or otherwise secure the plug somewhere, but still be able to access it w/out removing the seat or other parts.

Any ideas or pics from people who have put this thing somewhere for easy access?

Thanks.
Mine was put here from the factory.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I run a long SAE lead from my battery into my right saddlebag. That way I can use it for my battery tender, my heated jacket, or to charge stuff in the saddlebag while I'm riding.

This is the part I use, from www.easternbeaver.com

The side bag can close even with this wire running through the lid opening, so no need to drill a hole.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:56 PM
myred55
Road Master

Mine is located just above the iol dipstick just like stroker23

Attached Thumbnails Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?-plugr.jpg   Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?-plug2r.jpg  

Quick Reply: Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?