Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuelpak codes / modes

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:59 AM
rowle
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default fuelpak codes / modes

Hi All,
I have been told to change modes 12 and 16 on my fuelpak by a fuelpak technician to give a little more fuel to an existing map number instead of changing to a new map altogether.
Does anyone know what all the numbers do ?

Thanks
Rowle.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:59 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

V&H has kept that information a company secret. What problem are you having with your bike, and how much are they suggesting you change the values?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

V&H holds the FuelPak mode/value's as proprietary information. Somewhere along the line they forgot that it is a TUNING product.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rowle
Hi All,
I have been told to change modes 12 and 16 on my fuelpak by a fuelpak technician to give a little more fuel to an existing map number instead of changing to a new map altogether.
Does anyone know what all the numbers do ?

Thanks
Rowle.
Got a question for you rowie: What is the reason for changing the settings on the Fuel Pak? Is it running bad or have a ping under load? The reason for asking this question is I just got off the phone with the folks at V&H tech support regarding my concern.

My scoot is a 2007 Ultra with the stock ECM flash, Dresser Duals, Oval mufflers, Fuel Pak, and a high flow air filter. The issue I have is the rear header pipe glows cherry red from the head to the O2 sensor while cruising. Can't see it during the day but when it is dark, that joker could not get any hotter if you put a torch on it! Seems like this would make the starter be in the neighborhood of medium to well done...BTW, I removed my heat deflectors and this does not seem to have any change to the glowing header so I put them back on.

The folks at V&H told me to reduce the settings on modes 5, 6, & 7 by 50% as a starting point. I'm going on a 400 mile run tomorrow and plan to try their suggestion to see how it runs and see if it has any effect on fuel mileage.

Last edited by Olde Skool; 01-27-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:32 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm taking it that they gave you the value #'s to use ? Basically, toggle the mode button to get to correct mode(s). Then toggle fuel value either up +/down - to get to the fuel value they provided. Simply, + adds fuel and - subtracts fuel.
For the other post, thinking subtracting fuel in modes 5, 6 & 7 would make it even leaner ???

Old 01-27-2010, 01:49 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry to those who have a FuelPak, but that module is a joke!

Their philosophy of keeping their maps proprietary is ridiculous. The only way to tune the bike is by feel and sound, and translating what you feel/see/hear to the V&H tech, and they give you a few values to change. Stupid.

Like fuelmoto said, they forgot it's a tuning tool. Perhaps it's not a tuning tool at all? But just a tool to make their exhaust sometimes work?

My buddy had one on his '08 Sporty 1200 with an intake and V&H exhaust. It popped, backfired, farted and pinged for 3000 miles. We tried maybe 10 times to enter new codes supplied by Vance and Hines. Nothing ever made that bike run better until he removed the fuelpak and had a Harley download installed.

Next time around we got him a PCV from fuelmoto for his new Road King. Fuelmoto's original map was pretty good, and after the cams and dyno tune the bike runs AWESOME.

And, if we want to fatten it up, lean it out, change timing curves, we can just plug in and make it happen in a matter of minutes. A PCV is the way to go for sure (unless you use a TTS Mastertune).

Last edited by JCleary; 01-27-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
jimsreddyna
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I had a Fuelpak on my 07 Dyna. It had quite a bit of closed throttle decell popping. V&H told me to raise the number in parameter #16 (add fuel) by 2 .

I don't know what parameter #12 does but I assume that #16 is a closed throttle setting.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

I just recently sold my FuelPak and bought a SEST for future upgrades. My bike ran very well with the FP and canned map....

Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a FP on my 95" with Andrews 26G cam. The map that V&H gave me worked great. It doesn't run any better with the PC and map that I got from FM. That's based on seat dyno, mileage, and heat. Not scientific data.

Quick Reply: fuelpak codes / modes