Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Transmission Fluid (Cold Bike)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:12 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the big hurry? If it's too cold to ride to warm it up to temperature, then let the bike sit until you can take it out. Not like the Syn3 that is a couple of weeks old is going to damage your bike if you don't get it out immediately.

In the future, if the dealer is going to do your work and have to refill fluids, ask about if you can bring along the fluids you want it replaced with. Some dealers may have a problem with this, but I'm sure other dealers are fine with putting in whatever fluids you want (as long as you bring it with you if they don't sell it theirselves).

Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mhud
The dealer put HD synthetic in my tranny a few weeks ago while doing some other work. Find neutral is a PITA now. I had been running Amsoil so I want to switch back asap. Question: Is it important to have the bike up to operating temp before draining tranny fluid? If so can I just let it idle for about 15 minutes in my garage? We have about 10" of snow here so I'm looking for something to do.
What was the "other work" they performed? I'm not positive the fluid is causing your problem (although I wouldn't run HD fluid myself either). LOL