Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&m speakers plug and play amp?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 AM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&m speakers plug and play amp?

Looking for inexpensive plug and play amp to compliment j&m speakers not a fan of wires all over the fairing not looking for booming system just slightly more thanks for nay help rome.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:15 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

we are taking 36 of the new J&M 250watt amps (125 w RMS per channel into 2 ohms) to Bike Week in Daytona Beach,,,,, (This is a PRE-Production pilot release, mass production release date 03-30-2010))

they will be for installation ONLY by J&M technicians, at the J&M audio exhibition trailer, on the south end of the vendor lot at Bruce Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona, just off the interstate ,,,,,

cost for the complete amp kit, which includes the amp, custom J&M Stainless Steel mounting bracket system for the amplifier itself AND CB and/or XM modules if equipped, custom made plug-n-play wiring harness, power cable with proper fuses etc, for 2006-2010 Harley Batwing fairing only at this time,,, is $499.99, less 10% Bike Week Discount ((same for all J&M products)) ,,,,(plus installation labor)

our guys finished the installation of one of these on my own 2010 Ultra LTD yesterday, with the J&M 7.25” fairing speakers installed also, and I must tell you ,,,, I have had a new Ultra every year since 1989 and I have NEVER heard this much sound coming out of two front speakers ever ,,, and clean sound, very little distortion ,,, I do not know how anyone could want it louder ,,,,,

then I adjusted the balance to bring in the rear speakers also, and I will put this system up against anything in the lot ,,,, My bike might get beat, but It will take giant saddlebag mounted subwoofers and giant amps to do it ,,,, MY 2010 Ultra Limited ROCKS as well as any bike I have ever heard ,,,, and does this while maintaining electrical system integrity, 4 speakers total on the bike, with full audio functions, headsets, CB radio etc ,,,,,

just too cool,,,, see you in Daytona ,,,,,

Old 02-16-2010, 05:17 PM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 31 Posts

Check out my thread too

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/477431-looking-for-a-plug-and-play-small-amp.html

Sounds just like what I'm looking for. I could settle for a 50-100watt amp and truly plug and play low amperage consumption.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:33 PM
flhtupser
Tourer

I installed the Harley/Harmon Kardon amp on my Ultra 2 weeks ago and love it. Its plug and play. Only problem for your situation is it goes under the tour pak. I have J&M's and it's 100% better than stock.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah I want to go with something small enough to go under the cowl

Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
On Time
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jmjohn
we are taking 36 of the new j&m 250watt amps (125 w rms per channel into 2 ohms) to bike week in daytona beach,,,,, (this is a pre-production pilot release, mass production release date 03-30-2010))

they will be for installation only by j&m technicians, at the j&m audio exhibition trailer, on the south end of the vendor lot at bruce rossmeyer's destination daytona, just off the interstate ,,,,,

cost for the complete amp kit, which includes the amp, custom j&m stainless steel mounting bracket system for the amplifier itself and cb and/or xm modules if equipped, custom made plug-n-play wiring harness, power cable with proper fuses etc, for 2006-2010 harley batwing fairing only at this time,,, is $499.99, less 10% bike week discount ((same for all j&m products)) ,,,,(plus installation labor)

our guys finished the installation of one of these on my own 2010 ultra ltd yesterday, with the j&m 7.25” fairing speakers installed also, and i must tell you ,,,, i have had a new ultra every year since 1989 and i have never heard this much sound coming out of two front speakers ever ,,, and clean sound, very little distortion ,,, i do not know how anyone could want it louder ,,,,,

then i adjusted the balance to bring in the rear speakers also, and i will put this system up against anything in the lot ,,,, my bike might get beat, but it will take giant saddlebag mounted subwoofers and giant amps to do it ,,,, my 2010 ultra limited rocks as well as any bike i have ever heard ,,,, and does this while maintaining electrical system integrity, 4 speakers total on the bike, with full audio functions, headsets, cb radio etc ,,,,,

just too cool,,,, see you in daytona ,,,,,
any pic of the new amp?

Old 02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

here it is installed in my 2010 Ultra LTD with the new fancy J&M SS bracketry and wiring harness ,,,,

Attached Thumbnails J&m speakers plug and play amp?-jmamp-hdbw125-mntedfairngfusz02-2010.jpg  
Old 02-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Garbo97
2nd Gear

I was wondering if you have the new amp and speakers set up on any of your bikes that I can see? I live in Tucson. Can I come down tomorrow? You can email me at garbo97@yahoo.com.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Jebster
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
for 2006-2010 Harley Batwing fairing only at this time,,, is $499.99, less 10% Bike Week Discount ((same for all J&M products)) ,,,,(plus installation labor)
Why not the sharknose??

Old 02-17-2010, 03:07 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Garbo ,,,,,,

that is actually a good idea ,,, unfortunately our bikes are all being loaded into our 60' trailer as we speak and they are heading to Daytona Beach FL day after tomorrow ,,,,,

I can arrange for you to visit J&M and see all of them when they return around Mid March ,,,

Quick Reply: J&m speakers plug and play amp?