Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 PM
One Of The Regulars
Default 07 Ultra Classic radio problem

I just noticed a problem with the HK radio today after having a new tire installed. I get no sound from the headset speakers regardless of the setting of the 3 position Speakers switch. And the speakers are active even in the forward (off) position. This sounds like a switch problem, but searching the forums seems to indicate a radio failure.

1. is there a connector that could possibly have been disturbed during a rear tire change that would cause this problem?

2. Is there a way to verify the radio is at fault before I pull it out and send it off for repair?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Road Master

Rear tire changed should not have caused anything I can think of. But the HK radios do have many problems See Iron Cross Audio for help.
http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

08 Ultra Classic, SE 255 Cams, SE Compensator,
Rinehart True Duals, Power Commander V With A/T, Sreaming Eagle Air Cleaner 50mm Throttle Body, Hog Pro Preditor Wheels 21/18 Wrapped in Metztler's, Lyndall Full Floating Rotors & Pads, Arnott Air Ride, Progessive Fork Springs, Progressive Touring Link, C&C Super Tourer Leather Seat With Gel and Back Rest & Flame Stitching, Khromewerks + 2 Sweepers, Arc Mini Amp, J&M 7.25 & 5.25 Speakers & Light Rings, Garmin Zumo 665
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 AM
One Of The Regulars

OK, I'll assume radio failure here. Is there a 3rd party radio that will fit properly and still connect to all the audio functions (handlebar controls, intercom, etc.)?
Old 02-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Senior Rider
Cool

I'm on radio #4. Check your cb setting a make sure your scewelch is not up high. Yea can't spell this early.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Extreme HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMsgt Tom View Post
OK, I'll assume radio failure here. Is there a 3rd party radio that will fit properly and still connect to all the audio functions (handlebar controls, intercom, etc.)?
No, there isn't. The HD Electrical Diagnostic Manual for your bike has an extensive diagnostic protocol for diagnosing problems like this. You can buy the EDM or stop by your local HD store's service dept. and ask to review their's; my dealer is very good about this.

In any case, I'd phone Iron Cross Audio and ask them.

CMA, Crossties Chapter (GA)
IBA 26580
'04 FLHTPX
Old 02-19-2010, 08:21 AM

P

Tags
07, 2006, classic, davidson, diagnostic, glide, harley, issues, malfunction, manual, problem, problems, radio, ultra, ultraclassic