Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Inner Primary Cover

Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
highwayking
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Chrome Inner Primary Cover

Is the H-D chrome inner primary cover part # 60869-10 (for '07 and later models) made by Kuryakyn? I have read on this forum where some have experienced rattles with the Kuryakyn cover. I want a primary cover but I don't want to get the H-D cover if it is a Kuryakyn product and has the same rattling issues. Anybody have this part on their bike and, if so, are you satisfied with it?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 PM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Kuryakyn cover. It's a 2 piece design and you can see the seam plain as day. I do not have any rattles.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

Don't cover it use real inner chrome primary no rattles and looks real great.Plastic is plastic too many details to put it together and looks fake.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 PM
crescentmotor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Punjabi HD
Plastic is plastic too many details to put it together and looks fake.
HD charges $139.95 for the inner primary trim and it is made of plastic?

Old 02-19-2010, 05:07 AM
patsfan
Road Captain

Originally Posted by highwayking
Is the H-D chrome inner primary cover part # 60869-10 (for '07 and later models) made by Kuryakyn? I have read on this forum where some have experienced rattles with the Kuryakyn cover. I want a primary cover but I don't want to get the H-D cover if it is a Kuryakyn product and has the same rattling issues. Anybody have this part on their bike and, if so, are you satisfied with it?
Personally I dont like the covers because they look like, well, covers.
I spent the extra cash and went with the HD chrome inner primary. Well worth it, IMO.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't like the way the Kury one fits. When you bolt it on, you can't tighten it down too much because as you tighten it, the edge closest to the jugs begins to rise up a bit. If you have custom shift linkage, it will hit it if it's large enough. I'd be inclined next time around to buy the chrome inner primary from HD, or the HD cover just to see if it fits better. I haven't had any rattles with the Kury.

Cannon

Old 02-19-2010, 07:34 AM
easycruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't cover it use real inner chrome primary no rattles and looks real great.Plastic is plastic too many details to put it together and looks fake.

+1

Had them install it when I bought the bike. It really dresses up the primary.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 303 Likes on 115 Posts

+1 on that. This is my plan. But I think I'll wait and also upgrade the Comp and Alt at the same time. Probably not a bad idea...

Old 02-19-2010, 11:07 PM
crescentmotor
Cruiser

HD has a new cover out for the '09 and later Touring models. It is now a one-piece cover (should eliminate any rattle problems) and is made of chrome plated die-cast metal. It is HD #60885-10.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:33 AM
webbug
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crescentmotor
HD has a new cover out for the '09 and later Touring models. It is now a one-piece cover (should eliminate any rattle problems) and is made of chrome plated die-cast metal. It is HD #60885-10.
its 2 pieces unless this new part comes in one (which is not described well)

You made me worry now! I have ordered this item few days ago and from the hard copy catelog and when choosing your specific model on H-D parts website it only shows part 60869-10 which says (Fits '07-later Touring and Trike models.) which I hope fits 09 models.

But when you do a search on the part you have just put (#60885-10) it says it fits 09' and later models.

I'm really confused now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrome Inner Primary Cover