Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide to EG Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 10:39 AM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Road Glide to EG Conversion

I've been searching for info on converting a RG to an EG, but have only found posts from people wanting to convert the Bat Wing to the Shark Nose and not the other way around. I have a 2011 RGU and recently was given an Ultra Limited as a loaner for several days. It has me thinking of trading, but I hate the thought of doing the same things things to a new Limited that I had to do to my RGU all over again. (Front Rear Suspension, Seats, Lighting, etc). I was also thinking the cost for the conversion might be less than what I would need to add to whatever they give me in trade for my bike.

Anyone seen anything on doing this swap out?

Old 10-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Aughta be a crime, LOL

Old 10-10-2015, 10:46 AM
jd05flhtci
Road Warrior
Received 311 Likes on 249 Posts

Lots of eg owners wanting to convert to shark nose i bet you could work out a trade for the parts. Why would you go the other way ? Whats your like dislikes of the 2?

Old 10-10-2015, 11:39 AM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
Lots of eg owners wanting to convert to shark nose i bet you could work out a trade for the parts. Why would you go the other way ? Whats your like dislikes of the 2?
I don't really have any dislikes about either. The Road Glide was my first Touring model and I bought it because it seemed to give me more room, since I have long legs. I can't explain why, but it just does. The Bat Wing made me feel really cramped when I test rode it. After a short time I started to feel the same way about RG after I bought it. Then I learned about Tallboy seats and all of that. Changing seats and adding a pad fixed the problem. So, when I was recently given the Limited loaner, I took of their stock seat and put one of my seats on it. It felt pretty good. I think if I had known I would have to switch seats when I first bought, I probably would have gotten a Bat Wing, just because it's what I see more of, what seems to have the most after market stuff, etc...

Old 10-10-2015, 12:06 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

A couple years ago I would have been all over trading my bat parts for your shark parts but I just don't ride enough any more to go through the trouble. Sure there are lots of folks willing to trade.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:30 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I bought a EG new in 04 - 06 cahnged it to a RG - 08 Changed back - PM me and I will give you my home phone number, I will share with you all that I learned - If you search my screen name you will find posts from back then - still better to talk on the phone - Always willing ot pay it forward

Michael

Old 10-10-2015, 01:12 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Aughta be a crime, LOL

Old 10-10-2015, 01:29 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,975 Likes on 21,320 Posts

Originally Posted by slowrollin
I've been searching for info on converting a RG to an EG, but have only found posts from people wanting to convert the Bat Wing to the Shark Nose and not the other way around. I have a 2011 RGU and recently was given an Ultra Limited as a loaner for several days. It has me thinking of trading, but I hate the thought of doing the same things things to a new Limited that I had to do to my RGU all over again. (Front Rear Suspension, Seats, Lighting, etc). I was also thinking the cost for the conversion might be less than what I would need to add to whatever they give me in trade for my bike.

Anyone seen anything on doing this swap out?
Who could blame you for wanting to fix "Fugly"?lololol

Old 10-10-2015, 01:43 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Cost and labor is not worth it. The new mutt bike almost worthless. better of trading for what you want.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:34 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

If you were here in Houston we'd pull 'em up side by side and swap parts straight out.

Quick Reply: Road Glide to EG Conversion